A woman who took around 50 teenagers who had been separated from their parents and guardians to safety has been hailed a hero following her actions.
Paula Robinson, 48, told Reuters that she was at Victoria Station when the attack took place. She and her husband felt the explosion and watched as 'dozens' of teenagers ran screaming from the building.
She led the teenagers to a nearby hotel and shared her mobile number on Facebook so that worried parents could contact her and be reunited with their children.
She said: "Parents were frantic running about trying to get to their children.
"There were lots and lots of children at Holiday Inn."
Writing on Facebook, she said: "We have got about 50 kids with us waiting to be picked up, they are safe. We will look after them."
She added: "Please repost for any parents with children at MEN we have taken as many kids as we can to Holiday Inn, we will keep them safe and stay with them."
Since the reports, many people have said that Paula didn't actually take them to a Holiday Inn, but in fact a different hotel. A spokesperson confirmed with the Independent that "two of its hotels in the direct vicinity of the area had worked with police to help people in the aftermath of the attack, but said Ms Robinson had in fact taken the group of teenagers to a different hotel".
She has now said that she is no longer with the children and has asked parents to ring the helpline rather than her mobile number from now on.
People on social media have shared their gratitude for the selfless act.
Twenty-two people were killed in the suicide bombing at Manchester Arena on Monday Night with over 50 injured.
Police chief Ian Hopkins has also said that a lone attacker died when detonating an improvised explosive device in the attack.
The arena says that the explosion happened outside of the arena, after the concert of American pop star Ariana Grande had finished, at around 10:33pm.
Last night, Chief Constable Ian Hopkins said: "Currently we have 19 people confirmed to have lost their lives in the casualty. My thoughts are with those who are injured and have lost their lives. We are doing all we can to support them and their families.
"An emergency number is available for all those concerned about their loved ones. That number is 0161 856 9400."
The emergency number for those who are concerned about loved ones or anyone who may have been in the area is 0161 856 9400
Manchester refused to break after last night's attack. Off-duty medics showed up to help out, taxi drivers worked for free and hundreds of residents offered up beds, sofas and cups of tea for those affected. LADbible want to tell the stories of these unsung heroes. If you, or anyone you know, offered support last night we want to talk to you - email [email protected]
Featured Image Credit: Facebook