Boy Left Honking After Inhaling Whistle

An eight-year-old boy was left honking every time he breathed in, after swallowing the whistle from a party horn.

The unnamed boy, from Argentina, was left sounding like a dog toy after accidentally inhaling the whistle and was taken to hospital by his concerned parents.

His face is too funny. Credit: CEN

Dr Gomez Zuviria decided to film the boy as a warning to parents. Well, he said that was why, but I think he just wanted to give us all a laugh.

But although the video is pretty funny - mainly because the kid's face is absolutely classic - the doctor did go on to operate to remove the piece of plastic. Well, I suppose it's his job in this instance, isn't it?

And the little fella is very lucky he didn't choke. Fortunately for him, the whistling helped to alert his parents to the problem.

The little boy and his mum wait for him to be treated. Credit: CEN

Over in the UK, 50-year-old Paul Baxter was not so lucky. He accidentally inhaled a tiny traffic cone from a Playmobil set he got for his seventh birthday, which then spent 40-odd years INSIDE his lung. It was only detected by doctors when they suspected he might have lung cancer.

Paul, who used to smoke, went to the doctors with a nasty cough and, at first, they believed they had found a tumour, until closer inspection revealed what it actually was, and the toy was subsequently removed.

Here's the little bugger after over 40 years inside Paul's lung. Credit: SWNS

He said: "'The operation was under local anaesthetic and when they removed the cone in the theatre it was hilarious, everyone in the room just laughed. It has come out in perfect working order, you can even still see the markings."

He added that he can't even remember inhaling the cone, which remained undetected even after Paul was hospitalised with pneumonia twenty years ago, and undergoing a full body scan in 2004 for a brain abscess.

The case was so unusual, docs have put it in a medical journal. Credit: BMJ Case Reports

Dr Mohammed Munavvar, who treated Paul at Royal Preston Hospital, said: "I have never come across something quite this extraordinary before. There have been one or two other things but nothing quite like this.

"There was concern about something more serious underlying the problem Paul was experiencing.

"It was honestly a full-on surprise when I saw what the blockage actually was."

I'll bet it was.

Featured Image Credit: CEN

Claire Reid

Claire Reid is a journalist at LADbible. Claire graduated from Liverpool John Moores University with a BA in journalism. She’s previously worked at Trinity Mirror. Since joining LADbible, Claire has worked on pieces for the UOKM8? mental health campaign, the Yemen crisis, life in the Calais Jungle as well as a profile of a man who is turning himself into a cyborg.

Next Up

arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up camera clock close comment cursor email facebook-messenger facebook Instagram link new-window phone play share snapchat submit twitter vine whatsapp logoInline safari-pinned-tab Created by potrace 1.11, written by Peter Selinger 2001-2013