Featured image credit: Getty
A young boy has died after co-workers allegedly inserted air into his anus and this horrific case echoes a similar incident that happened almost exactly a year ago.
Sagar Barman was a child worker at Zobaida Textiles in Rupganj, India. According to the Dhaka Tribune, Ratan Barman, the child's father, was working at the same factory when he was told that someone was pushing air into Sagar's body. He ran over to where his son was and found the child with a severely bloated stomach.
He took him to Dhaka Medical College Hospital for treatment but sadly he passed away.
Inspector Tanvir Hossain said that Rupganj Police had received a report of murder and visited the factory. He added: "We spoke to the workers but could not get any names. The family is in Dhaka Medical and we are in contact with them. Details will be learned after a case is filed."
Dr Firoz Ahmed told the Dhaka Tribune that the child may have died because of air inserted through the rectum. However, more details will be released after the autopsy.
Last year, a 12-year-old boy called Md Rakibul Islam was killed in the same manner after he quit his job. According to his mother, he had been subject to beatings by the three garage owners and the air inserted into the anus was punishment for leaving.
Two of the garage owners were sentenced to death late last year. Horrible.
Words by Mel Ramsay