Man Suffers 'Rectal Blowout' After Friends Shove Air Compressor Up Backside

A man suffered a 'rectal blowout' after his mates put a compressed air pump up his arse and turned it on.

The 30-year-old man, from New Delhi, IndiaDelhi, India, was rushed to hospital after the ill-thought-out prank left him with a burst colon and surgeons had to remove his entire bowel.

According to a report by doctors from the Maulana Azad Medical College in New Delhi and the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in Rishikesh, which was published in the Journal of Medical Case Reports, the man's 'perverted friends' put the nozzle of an air pump designed for tyres up his anus and hit inflate.

Due to the pressure, the man had a 'complete blowout of the rectum'. During surgery doctors found faecal matter among his other internal organs, the reports states.

The medics noted that the injuries the man suffered were caused when air pressure inside the rectum rises so much that it explodes.

The report also details two other men who suffered injuries in the same way. The report writers described the life-changing injuries as those you usually see 'confined to battlefields'.

Credit: Journal of Medical Case Reports
Credit: Journal of Medical Case Reports

Dr Lovenish Bains, who co-authored the report, said: "Education regarding such machines and their safe use must be encouraged because most of these cases are accidental and due to ignorance."

He went on to say it 'takes only one or two seconds to deliver enough pressurised air to cause major damage'.

The report also details a case involving a 34-year-old man who worked at a petrol station where a robber 'thrust a compressed air nozzle into his anus' as he tried to apprehend them.

He was rushed to hospital where doctors were forced to remove most of his colon and fit him with colostomy bag.

In March last year, a factory worker, also from New Delhi, died when a colleague inserted a compressed air hose into his anus and switched it on.

Forty-year-old Ravinder bent down while working at plywood manufacturing plant, and his colleague went for him with the hose.

In another case, a man died from his injuries. Credit: CEN
In another case, a man died from his injuries. Credit: CEN

That particular air compressor was powerful enough to cut through blocks of wood at the plywood manufacturing plant the men worked at.

Another colleague told local media: "We alerted the manager and took Ravinder to the local dispensary and then to a government hospital, where he died during treatment later in the day."

His cause of death was reported as internal haemorrhaging and organ damage.

Featured Image Credit: Pixabay

Claire Reid

Claire is a journalist at LADbible who, after dossing around for a few years, went to Liverpool John Moores University. She graduated with a degree in Journalism and a whole load of debt. When not writing words in exchange for money she is usually at home watching serial killer documentaries surrounded by cats. You can contact Claire at [email protected]

Next Up

arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up camera clock close comment cursor email facebook-messenger facebook Instagram link new-window phone play share snapchat submit twitter vine whatsapp logoInline safari-pinned-tab Created by potrace 1.11, written by Peter Selinger 2001-2013