A boy with cerebral palsy has seen his wildest sporting dreams come true - after scoring his very first touchdown.

Ten-year-old Hayes Hutto was diagnosed with cerebral palsy when he was 18 months old, and has always wanted to play American football.

That dream was finally realised recently, when he found himself playing in a game between the Commerce Tigers and Jefferson Dragons in Jackson County, Commerce, Georgia.

His mum, Jodi Stephenson Hutto, filmed the moment and shared it on Facebook, proudly writing: "So this happened today.... Hayes Hutto gets his first ever touchdown! Love the Commerce and Jefferson community for giving him this opportunity! One of the most humbling moments in my life!"

The post soon went viral, with many social media users commenting to say that the 'beautiful' clip had hit them right in the feels.

"It was so great to be in the audience and watch players from both teams participate in great sportsmanship style," one person wrote.

Another added: "Oh goodness I cried a little....so amazing seeing those sweet boys in blue and white falling down and then encouraging Hayes as well...doesn't get much better in the true sportsmanship/best humans category!!"

In another post, Jodi explained that she had a lot of love for her 'small town', which always made sure to make Hayes feel included.

Hayes' father, Jon Hutto, told Channel 2 Action News that none of them had expected what happened.

Jon, who teaches and coaches golf at Jefferson Middle School, said: "We weren't expecting for anything to happen other than being on the sideline with the team. Coach said he was going to try to put him in."

He added: "It's cool that both schools are huge rivals but were able to set that aside yesterday. Both stands were hollering and cheering."

Apparently Hayes had told his friends that he was heading down to the game - which was when his best friend, Brody, and other teammates presented him with his very own jersey.

Hayes then also got the chance to lead the team out of the tunnel before the game. Then, as things wrapped up, the Jefferson coaches asked the referees for extra time - which was when Hayes was brought on.

Announcer Ricky Woodruff led the crowd into a cheer of 'HUTT-O! HUTT-O!' as Hayes played, and afterwards his teammates gave him the game ball.

"That ball hasn't left his side since he got home," Jon told AJC.

Featured Image Credit: Facebook/Jodi Stephenson Hutto

arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up camera clock close comment cursor email facebook-messenger facebook Instagram link new-window phone play share snapchat submit twitter vine whatsapp logoInline safari-pinned-tab Created by potrace 1.11, written by Peter Selinger 2001-2013