One of the four teenagers arrested for throwing eggs and flour at a disabled woman earlier this year has revealed that he's been unable to leave the house due to death threats.
A photo of the incident - which surfaced after it was posted on Snapchat - shows four teenage boys laughing and posing as they stand behind the vulnerable woman, who was clearly in distress after being covered in eggs and flour.
The boys' identities have been protected until this week, as all were aged between 15 and 17 at the time. However, one, Cohan Semple, turned 18 last week, meaning his name could be released.
The teenager - who pleaded guilty to threatening behaviour which caused harassment, alarm or distress at Ipswich Magistrates Court earlier this week - has since revealed that he's been getting death threats.
He told the Sun: "I'm struggling to leave the house at the moment.
"Since those pictures have gone on Facebook, I've had death threats from random people."
Semple (right) photographed during the incident. Credit: SWNS
A Suffolk Police statement from the time of the incident explained that it took place in Bury St Edmunds on Friday 27 July.
"The victim, a woman aged in her 40s, was assaulted by a group of teenagers who threw flour and eggs over her after a verbal altercation," the statement read.
"The woman was severely distressed by the incident but was physically unharmed."
Wayne Ablett, prosecuting the case at Ipswich Youth Court, told the court that the teenage boys approached 49-year-old victim Janie Morris, who is 'classed by police as a vulnerable adult with mental health issues', and asked her questions about drugs.
One of them then went behind the bench and spat at her.
Explaining that Morris described the rest of the boys 'laughing and goading her', Ablett said the group then went to a shop and came back with flour and eggs.
"These items were chucked at and thrown at her body, covering her completely in flour," Ablett continued.
"The boys were still laughing. She was spat at again and one of them had taken a photo of her.
"She heard one of them say, 'We're filming it'."
He added: "Following the publication of that image on Snapchat, it went on Facebook - then effectively the whole world can see the photograph, which is quite humiliating for the victim in this case."
Ablett also said that Semple was asked if he 'thought it was funny what they had done' in a police interview.
Semple replied: "No comment."
The court heard how Semple has 'received death threats', and how he now feels 'remorseful' for what had happened.
According to the Mirror, Semple was released on bail, and will be sentenced at an adult court on 4 December.
Featured Image Credit: SWNS