It can be an awful experience encountering a creepy crawly inside your home. They somehow manage to find a way in through a crack in the floor, walls or roof and then you have to find a way to get them the fuck out.

Some people will use a bowl or cup to trap them, others use a broom to either squish them (which we don't condone) or sweep them out. There are even people who have the nerve to just let them be on the assumption that they'll leave eventually.

While we all joke around that it would be easier to just burn your house down rather than deal with that shit, someone actually did.

Credit: KVOA

A bloke thought the best way to clear out some spiderwebs underneath his home in Arizona was to use a blow torch. A fucking blow torch. Look, spiders aren't the friendliest looking creatures but that is like bringing a rocket launcher to a knife fight.

Unsurprisingly, the webs caught fire and it sparked a massive blaze, with the man having to carry and elderly woman out of the mobile home. She was treated at the scene by paramedics after suffering minor injuries.

Nearly two dozen firefighters battled the blaze for almost 12 minutes, but when their work was done, there was only a shell of a home remaining. The mishap means the elderly woman and man are now homeless, however they are being assisted by the Red Cross.

He's not the first person to use an open flame to get rid of an eight-legged nightmare. A man in Seattle decided to combine a lighter with a spray paint can to create a makeshift blow torch to kill an unwanted creature in his laundry room.

A spokesperson for the Seattle Fire Department said: "I don't want to encourage people to do this, but that's what he did. The spider tried to get into the wall. He sprayed flames on the wall, lit the wall on fire, and that extended up to the ceiling.

"There are safer, more effective ways to kill a spider than using fire."

We all do things in the heat of panic - but that's why you shouldn't be using fire in a potentially frightful encounter. This gentleman caused an estimated $60,000 (£45,525) worth of damage.

But, it's important to note that the firefighters reckon the spider was definitely toast. However, there are plenty of other, more sensible ways to get rid of them.

Sources: People. KVOA

Featured Image Credit: KVOA/Creative Commons

arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up camera clock close comment cursor email facebook-messenger facebook Instagram link new-window phone play share snapchat submit twitter vine whatsapp safari-pinned-tab Created by potrace 1.11, written by Peter Selinger 2001-2013