A Teenage Lad Has Died After Being Given A Love Bite By His Girlfriend

Featured image credit: Sixth Seal

A 17-year-old lad has died after getting a love bite, which resulted in him having stroke.

Julio Macias Gonzalez, who lives in Mexico City, began having convulsions at the family dinner table after spending an evening with his 24-year-old girlfriend.

The suction of a love bite caused a blood clot that travelled to Julio's brain and caused him to have a stroke.

Despite paramedics arriving at the scene they were unable to save Julio and he died.

The lad's girlfriend has now disappeared, with the boy's parents blaming her for his death.

This isn't the first time a love bite has caused somebody to have a stroke. In 2011 a 44-year-old New Zealand woman was left partially paralysed after having a stroke.

Doctors struggled to find a cause of death until they noticed a fading bruise on the right side of her neck with lay above a damaged major artery.

Dr Teddy Wu, who treated the New Zealander, said: "To my knowledge, it's the first time someone has been hospitalised by a hickey."

Although rare, the suction of a love bite can cause damage to a major artery in the neck, creating a blood clot that travels to the heart and causes a stroke.

James Dawson

James Dawson is a Journalist at LADbible. He has contributed articles to LADbible’s ‘Knowing Me, Knowing EU’ series on the EU referendum, the 'Electoral Dysfunction' series on the 2017 general election, the ‘U OK M8?’ series tackling mental health amongst young men, and for its ‘Climate Change’ initiative in partnership with National Geographic.

Next Up

arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up camera clock close comment cursor email facebook-messenger facebook Instagram link new-window phone play share snapchat submit twitter vine whatsapp logoInline safari-pinned-tab Created by potrace 1.11, written by Peter Selinger 2001-2013