The blind clairvoyant Baba Vanga has made some scarily accurate predictions over the years. Baba has correctly foresaw the 9/11 terrorist attacks, the 2004 tsunami and the rise of ISIS, if you look at her rambling vaguely enough.
Baba, who died 20 years ago, had some premonitions about what we could look forward to in 2016. So, as we wave goodbye to the year, let's have a little look at a few and see if she was right or not.
Barack Obama will be the last ever president
Obviously, we can't say if this one has happened yet or not, but it seems unlikely. Baba said that the 44th POTUS would be African American and that he would be the last one. She also said that he would leave office when the country was in economic ruin. One out of three ain't bad.
Europe will cease to exist by 2016
Not quite right there, Baba, but maybe she really meant that it wouldn't be the same after the UK chose to bugger off? Can we give her half a point?
China will become a superpower
Pretty accurate with this one. China is set to become even more of a new superpower in 2018 and will overtake the US in terms of economics, so fair play.
Some things to look forward to:
- World hunger will be given the heave-ho between 2025 and 2028.
- Ice caps will melt by 2045. If they continue to melt at the current rate this one is likely to come true, too.
- We'll be cloning body organs in 2046.
- By 2130 civilisations will be living under water; a whopping 870 years before Busted reckoned we'd be doing just that.
- All life on Earth will cease to exist in 3797, but don't worry too much, your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandkids will be advanced enough to go and live in a new solar system. And if they're not, they're probably shits anyway.
Featured image credit: Wikimedia