Villagers were left stunned after coming across a frog 'as big as a human baby' in the Pacific islands. Here is video footage of many people's worst nightmare:
Timber mill owner Jimmy Hugo, 35, was hunting wild pig on the outskirts of Honiara, Solomon Islands, when he came across the enormous croaker.
Footage shows the reptile - a Cornufer guppyi frog - propped up on a local villager's knee after it had been found in the nearby bush in April.
Another photo of the huge hopper - which can grow up to 10 inches long - shows the frog's full length as it covers half the body of a child from head to feet.
Jimmy said: "I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It is the biggest frog I have ever seen in my life. It was the same size as a human baby.
"We call them 'bush chicken' because some villages seem to like them more than chicken, but they're difficult to catch.
"A couple of dogs had caught this one and were playing with it in the bush, which is how I managed to get the photos of it.
"We did end up eating this one as it had already died but hopefully the next time we see one it will still be alive and we'll keep it that way."
The Cornufer guppyi is one of the largest frogs in the world and found from New Britain in the Bismarck Archipelago to the Solomon Islands.
The species' population has been on the decline in recent years, but more because of logging and community settlements expanding into their natural habitat than hunting for food.
Chemicals found in the detergents used by humans washing their clothes in nearby streams harms the frogs' sensitive skin.
One thing's for sure, this bad boy frog wouldn't fit inside a pepper which is what a Canadian couple were faced with when they were preparing dinner one evening.
Despite suffering a close call with the kitchen knife, the frog was completely unharmed, and the couple - after recovering from their initial surprise - placed him and the pepper carefully in a container.
The couple, as well as the Canadian authorities, have absolutely no idea how the amphibian managed to get inside the seemingly whole green pepper.
After their astounding discovery, the couple handed the food and the frog - purchased at a local supermarket - over to the Québec Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries, and Food (MAPAQ) and they killed the poor critter.
Yes, they euthanized the frog while they were trying to gather theories as to how it got in. Even worse than that, they're still not sure...Featured Image Credit: Kennedy News and Media