Advert

Blokes Heave After Attempting To Eat 'Horse Urine Eggs'

Published 
| Last updated 

Blokes Heave After Attempting To Eat 'Horse Urine Eggs'

Four blokes were left heaving after attempting to eat 'horse urine eggs'. Watch here (though I wouldn't recommend it if you're feeling queasy):

Loading…

Chris Peacock bought four century eggs from Amazon to try with Gary Stephenson, Dale Stephenson and Andy Kibbler.

The Chinese delicacy is made by preserving eggs in clay, ash, salt, quicklime, and rice hulls for up to several months.

Advert

But they earned the nickname horse urine eggs due to their unique odour, which can you probably guess, is similar to that of horse p**s.

Get one of those down your neck. Credit: Alamy
Get one of those down your neck. Credit: Alamy

Contrary to the myth, they aren't actually soaked in horse urine; but they may as well have been as far as Chris, Gary, Dale and Andy are concerned.

Builders merchant manager Gary - who admits to having a 'weak stomach' - was the worst affected and couldn't stop heaving, chucking his egg over the garden fence after just one bite.

Advert

It took Gary's dad Dale to show the boys how it's done and he was the first to bite the bullet, managing to swallow much of the black egg - even if he did end up having to spit and wretch it back out moments later.

So, what did we learn from this? Well, basically that horse urine eggs aren't to everyone's taste - which we probably could have guessed anyway.

They didn't go down well. Credit: Kennedy News and Media
They didn't go down well. Credit: Kennedy News and Media

Gary, from Goole, East Yorkshire, said: "Everything about it was putrid. It didn't taste anything like a normal egg and the texture was so rubbery it was like a bouncy ball.

Advert

"I couldn't compare the taste to anything I've eaten before. Andy said he thought it was what he imagined stagnant pond water or weeds to taste like.

"I was stunned my brother and dad managed to chew any of it let alone swallow parts of it. I've got a very weak stomach and couldn't get past the smell. I just had to throw it as far away as possible from me.

"I tried to eat it but as soon as it touched my lips it made me feel sick. It was like my brain wasn't letting me.

"The smell was just constant and it was everywhere you went. It didn't get any better and we didn't get used to it at any point."

Advert
It was a real struggle. Credit: Kennedy News and Media
It was a real struggle. Credit: Kennedy News and Media

He added: "We tried surströmming a few months back - which is the world's smelliest fish - but none of us managed to eat any of that so we wanted to test ourselves against the eggs.

"I certainly wouldn't recommend them as a snack to anyone."

Featured Image Credit: Kennedy News and Media

Topics: Food, Funny, Fail, Community

Jake Massey
More like this
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

News

Former Britain's Got Talent Contestant Rushed To Hospital After Stunt Goes Wrong

21 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

News

Pubs Are Trialling Anti-Cocaine Spray In Their Toilets

2 hours ago