If you're ever in the unfortunate position of finding out you have an STI, you'd probably want to keep it on the down-low, wouldn't you? Obviously you'd tell any 'partners' you have on the go - that's the right thing to do. Maybe tell your mates if you trusted them enough...? But you 100 percent would not tell your mum.
Well that's exactly what Brogan Tant from Limavady in Northern Ireland did - and by accident, too. Plot twist: he doesn't have an STI, he just made a mortifying spelling mistake.
After going to the doctors to find out what his mysterious ailment was, he discovered he had a stye - a red lump that can form on the eye - and messaged his mum to let her know. Unfortunately, he spelled it 'sti'
However, his mum had already replied before he'd noticed the mistake, and her text was hilarious.
Obviously concerned for her son's health, but ultimately supportive, she typed: "Is it any wonder the way you bang the birds, the doctor can treat most things son. Make sure you get it treated and take the whole course of meds you're given!"
She ended the message with a reassuring piece of advice, which probably still stands regardless.
"Now let it be a lesson and use condoms son, a still love you xxx"
What a lady.
After realising his mistake he made sure to correct her, sending a picture of the lump, prompting more great advice from his mum.
She said: "Get a gold ring and rub it on the sty."
Obviously, he put it all out there for Twitter to enjoy and the Internet loved the whole exchange, with his tweet getting over 13,000 likes so far.
One user commented: "The way u bang the birds wit u like," to which Brogan replied: "My mum know, do a look like a shagger? Yes a am."
It's not the first time we've seen spelling mistakes cause trouble. One lad was recently faced with a £100 charge when his name was spelled wrong on a Ryanair booking form. Changing from 'Luke' to 'Lukewarm', it left him with a day long discussion with the company's customer care team as he tried to waive the fee due to it being an obvious and honest mistake.
As these two found out the hard way, it always pays to double check your spelling, kids.