• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • LAD Originals

U OK M8?
Free To Be
Extinct
Citizen Reef

To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK
Advert
Advert
Advert

Young Lad Died After 'Playing Dangerous Choking Game' Craze

Mel Ramsay

Published 
| Last updated 

Young Lad Died After 'Playing Dangerous Choking Game' Craze

A little lad tragically died after reportedly playing a 'choking game' that has become a craze online.

Karnel Haughton, from the Tyburn area of Birmingham, was discovered unconscious by his mum, Gemma, at around 9.45pm on Wednesday. He died a short time later in hospital.

His school issued warnings regarding a game where you film yourself choking and post the videos on social media just three months prior to his death.

Advert

Apparently, it's known as a 'good game' as it doesn't involved alcohol or drugs.

Police are treating his death as 'unexplained'.

A family friend told the Mirror: "It was his mum who found him at home. He was apparently playing the 'choking game'.

Advert

"Karnel was such a witty and happy young boy and really close to his brother and sister.

"He was a popular lad at school with a lot of friends - he had a good word to say about everyone".

Another family friend, Bee Bailey, wrote a chilling warning on Facebook: "My best friend, Gemma, lost her son, Karnel Haughton, who was just 12 years old. It has been a massive shock to everyone and we are all absolutely devastated. He was a beautiful, popular, clever and outgoing lad and his friends have already paid some beautiful tributes towards him.

Advert

"The family have decided that it is time to make it clear exactly what happened and to help raise awareness of a new craze amongst youngsters which is becoming terrifyingly popular online.

"At first we did not know exactly what happened but some of Karnel's friends have come forward and told the police and family about a game / craze that has become popular amongst youngsters on the internet and social media called the choking game.

"Before the tragedy took place, Karnel had been telling his friends about a new game he had heard of called the choking game. This game has been around several years but seems to have become worryingly popular again.

Advert

"It involves either putting your hands around your friend's neck or tying something around your own neck to starve the brain of oxygen and pass out, inducing temporary euphoria.

"It is so so so important that you talk to your children and make sure they know that one of many consequences of playing this game is sadly death."

If you see any of your mates posting videos like this online, tell them to stop. It's not worth losing another innocent life.

Featured image credit: SWNS

Topics: DIED, Little Lad

Mel Ramsay
More like this
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Entertainment

Just Tattoo of Us star horrified over misspelled tattoo he can't get get rid of

5 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Mum who face planted and accidentally mooned on sports day says she'll 'never do a parents race again'

7 hours ago