A bloke has left social media users confused after demonstrating that Cadbury's Flakes don't melt in the microwave.
Joe Moruzzi, who runs cheesecake company Pleesecakes, shared a clip of his little experiment to the company's official Instagram page alongside the caption: "WATCH TILL THE END. Are you as mind blown by this as we are?! Try it for yourselves and comment below if you know the reason why!"
In the clip, Joe says: "Right, so we're having a debate, I know this for a fact. Dan doesn't believe it and Laura doesn't believe it. Flakes don't melt in the microwave.
"For comparison, we've got Cadbury Caramel and we've got Flake."
They then pop both chocolate bars on a plate and whack them in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Once the time is up, the Cadbury Caramel is a chocolaty, caramel puddle, while the Cadbury Flake still looks the same.
Social media users were left baffled by the clip, with one person posting: "What the hell is in it if it doesn't melt?"
Another wrote: "That is scary - what if it's not actually chocolate?"
A third asked: "But why? What is this magic?"
Witchcraft? Magic? Well, no - not according to Science Focus which explains that it's all simply down to how the chocolate bars are created.
Explaining the bizarre phenomenon, the publication writes: "Although Flake is made from milk chocolate, the manufacturing process gives it a different arrangement of fat and cocoa solids, so the melting fat isn't able to lubricate the cocoa particles to the point where they can flow.
"In a bain marie, a Flake will never melt. In the microwave, it eventually just burns."
Meanwhile, in a statement to Cosmopolitan, Cadbury said the bars are made specifically to crumble in your mouth, which means they're not designed to melt.
A spokesperson said: "The reason it's difficult to melt is because, for nearly a century, we have deliberately controlled the final manufacturing process to ensure the folds of the bar crumble in the mouth."
However, if you've ever eaten a Flake you'll know that the small bits that fall off do most certainly melt - usually all over your clothes, if you're anything like me - and that's because these smaller bits are more susceptible to a 'phase transition' from solid to liquid.
So there you go.