Shopper Claims Their Woolworths Discovery Garden Randomly Exploded
Everyone was super stoked when Woolworths ditched its Lion King Ooshies and opted for a mini garden for green thumbs.
They were happy that plastic was out and little seedlings of things like coriander or parsley were in. If you're unaware of what we're talking about, then let us fill you in.
If you spend over $30 at Woolies, you get given a little pot plant which could be one of 24 different plants, flowers or vegetables. Sounds amazing, right?
Well, one shopper has a rather strange encounter with their Discovery Garden.
While there have been some people claiming theirs has developed mould, no one, until now, has alleged that theirs has spontaneously combusted.
An Aussie woman posted a photo that a friend sent her, which shows the still smouldering Discovery Garden pot in a mess.
More Like This
She added: "Warning...these little seed packs that Woolworths are giving out can catch fire. It's a hot day and they were outside and dry, and the spontaneously combusted."
The post has been shared by more than 1,300 people, obviously all concerned that their little garden could collectively explode under the right conditions.
Woolies has released a statement to New Idea, stating: "We are currently looking into this claim.
"As a general gardening rule, keep your plants out of direct sunlight for prolonged periods and away from surfaces that may increase the intensity of direct sunlight, such as metallic surfaces.
"It is also important to check that the soil is adequately watered. Soil that requires watering will be dry and dusty to the touch and may also be a lighter colour. Seedlings need to be kept well watered in order to thrive."
People who have seen the post have been quick to comment that on the Discovery Garden instructions is a clear message not to leave them in the sun.
So if you want your backyard or windowsill not to turn into a mess of dirt and fried parsley then please keep them out of the sun.
Featured Image Credit: Woolworths