To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Hilarious Moment Boozed Up Bloke Broke Into His Own House With A Kebab

Hilarious Moment Boozed Up Bloke Broke Into His Own House With A Kebab

Reece Barr climbed up some ladders armed with a hammer and smashed a window so he could get inside

Rebecca Shepherd

Rebecca Shepherd

This is the moment a boozed-up bloke broke into his home after a night out causing £300 ($378) worth of damage - all because he didn't want was his £7 ($9) doner kebab to go cold:

We've all done daft things on a night out, but 25-year-old Reece Barr might have topped them all after he was captured on his own CCTV camera climbing a 20ft ladder armed with a hammer in one hand and a kebab in the other at 1am after a 'Sunday session'.

The sozzled fitness instructor had downed 20 pints of lager and at least five Jager bombs on a night out with his pals, but discovered he did not have a key to his house.

His dad Brian - who had also been out boozing with him earlier in the night - had gone to stay at his partner's house, which left Reece with no way of entering.

Reece on his incline.

Reece initially tried to get some sleep in the bar he had built for himself in the garden, but decided he needed his own bed and that his kebab would go cold.

So after retrieving and setting the ladder up, he scaled it while expertly balancing a hammer in his right hand and a bag of food in his left.

Once he reached the summit, he gave his bedroom window five whacks with the hammer to smash the glass panel, causing around £300 worth of damage.

He then swapped his kebab over to his right hand before guiding it through the gap and diving in afterwards to devour the feast in the comfort of his own bedroom.

Reece didn't want his kebab to go cold.

Reece insisted it was 'worth it', saying: "The mission was to get inside and eat my kebab before it went cold. The kebab was safe and nobody was seriously injured - and it was definitely worth saving.

"I went round the front, got the ladder, brought it round the back and climbed up. I was very drunk, I'd had at least 20 pints of Stella Artois and we had some Jager bombs."

Reece was shocked to wake up in his own bed the next morning after his heavy boozing session. He said he began to piece the events of the previous night together when he noticed the smashed window and the ladder outside.

But when he checked the CCTV cameras at the family home in Leeds, West Yorkshire, he was stunned to see himself staggering up the ladder.

Off he goes.

He added: "I was very drunk, I remember getting in, but I don't remember how. I looked out the next morning and saw the ladder and broken window and I thought 'that's how I got in then' and I checked the CCTV footage.

"When I saw the footage, I laughed. It was hilarious - in my state I was pretty proud of how I did. I thought there was no way I could get up there when I watched it back. I obviously thought it would be a good idea to scale this ladder at one in morning with a hammer in my hand."

Reece said he would usually drink around 10-15 pints, but 'got carried away' after meeting up with pals for the first time since lockdown.

He added: "A couple of cuts and a boarded up window, but other than that everything is fine. I showed my dad the footage the next day and he laughed and said 'as long as you're all right, that's the main thing'."

Featured Image Credit: SWNS

Topics: Food, Community, UK