• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • LAD Originals

U OK M8?
Free To Be
Extinct
Citizen Reef

To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK

Student Is Rescued By Firefighters After Getting Stuck In Tumble Dryer

Rebecca Shepherd

Published 
| Last updated 

Student Is Rescued By Firefighters After Getting Stuck In Tumble Dryer

Featured Image Credit: SWNS

This hilarious video shows the moment a student had to be rescued from a tumble dryer by firefighters because someone said she wouldn't fit inside it:

Loading…

Rosie Cole, 21, was enjoying a couple of bottles of Zinfandel wine and honey tequila when their Tuesday evening took a sudden turn after she was dared to get inside the dryer in their shared accommodation because another student thought there was 'no chance' she'd fit.

Rosie, who lives in shared accomodation in Beresford Avenue, Hull, went on her merry way, wriggling inside the kitchen appliance but found herself suddenly stuck.

Emergency services were called to the bizarre and hilarious scene at roughly 11pm as Rosie said they 'save cats from trees' so maybe they would 'save students from tumble dryers'.

The commotion lasted roughly 20 minutes in total, and it took three firefighters to successfully rescue the befuddled student.

Credit: SWNS
Credit: SWNS

Rosie, from Hull, said: "I was with my other housemates, and one of them dared me to get in it. It wasn't until I wiggled both my hips in and got my legs crossed behind me that I realised I couldn't get out.

"I am a bit dramatic so I didn't think it was that bad at first, and my housemates were making me laugh, but when I realised that I couldn't uncross my legs and my hips were stuck I got a bit worried.

"Especially when I tried to free myself the dryer tipped forward and I couldn't get myself out. My arms were starting to hurt trying to hold myself up, and it was pretty hot inside the dryer.

"My housemates tried pulling me out, but they couldn't, so we didn't know what else to do other than to call the fire service. They save cats from trees so maybe they could save students from tumble dryers."

Credit: SWNS
Credit: SWNS

Rosie said the house of six people were given a fire safety brief - but she admitted she'd never done her own washing anyway.

She said: "They were lovely and they just laughed at me. When they were leaving they opened the washing machine and asked if anyone else needed saving.

"They gave us a fire safety brief and asked if we knew what to do if there was a fire. I remember learning stop drop and roll but I don't know how relevant that is when you're inside a dryer."

Not relevant at all really.

Humberside FRS Group Manager, Matt Sutcliffe, explained the serious side of what might at first have seemed a harmless bit of fun: "Our firefighters are trained to extricate people from all manner of dangerous situations and they did a great job in getting this girl out quickly and safely.

"However, I don't think the individuals in the video quite realise that this call-out tied up a crew for around an hour, when they could have been preparing for or attending actual life threatening incidents.

"Climbing inside anything of an electrical nature is inherently dangerous, irrespective of its size. Thankfully, this seems to have been a one-off incident and we hope that no-one attempts to repeat this irresponsible action."

Topics: Community, UK

Rebecca Shepherd
More like this

Chosen for YouChosen for You

News

Site of Jeffrey Dahmer murders is completely deserted 30 years on from crimes

11 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

ITV responds to claims Phil and Holly 'weren't on media list' to see Queen

12 hours ago