To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
| Last updated
Tessica Brown went viral earlier this month after using Gorilla Glue instead of hairspray, prompting a saga which saw her endure a lengthy procedure to have it removed. Now she's explained exactly what happened on that fateful day. But first let's quickly remind ourselves of how the story began:
Speaking to The New York Post, 40-year-old Tessica said: "Me and my fiancé, we was just about to leave. We was going to the lake so I knew I couldn't deal with those flyaways. It wasn't gonna work, not on the lake.
"So I mean, I went to go spray the Got2B Glue and air came out of it. So now I'm looking around the whole house I'm trying to find something, you know, for these flyaways.
"I ran in the kitchen, ran past the refrigerator and there was the Gorilla Glue spray, you know, on top of the refrigerator.
"So I'm like, 'You know what? I could use this, and as soon as I come home I can take it off...' you know, wash it out."
At this point in the interview, Tessica slowly shook her head... because, as we all know, it wasn't as simple as that.
Tessica and her partner, Dewitt, returned from the lake - which is close to her sister's house - and she did indeed try to remove the industrial adhesive.
She told the Post: "It did not come out. Like, the water was dripping off of it, like it was a shower curtain. It was bad business.
"I was scared to even call my mama. I didn't call my mama for like a week... after we tried everything, that's what made me go to social media."
Luckily, for Tessica, the glue has now been removed - but that was far from a straightforward process. She had to travel from Louisiana to Los Angeles, after eventually being offered a $12,500 (£9,000) treatment for free.
After her story went viral, it eventually reached Dr Michael Obeng of MiKO Plastic Surgery in Beverly Hills. Obeng offered to help out, saying he'd perform the treatment to get the glue off Tessica's head for nothing. Publicity, innit?
Explaining how he did it, Dr Obeng told LADbible: "Basically what we did was use a solvent that broke it down without causing any injuries to the scalp. And that's what we did and it was very successful, and Tessica is recovering safely.
"The procedure took about two-and-a-half hours. After that, the team came and put more conditioner in her hair for another hour, and eventually she was taken to the recovery room where she spent another hour and then left and went to her hotel."
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read