Tyrese Gibson Seems To Be Developing Some Sort Of Beef With The Rock
They've been on-screen buddies across five installments of the Fast and Furious film franchise, but now it looks as though there might be a little rift emerging between Tyrese Gibson and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson.
Apparently, the former WWE wrestler hasn't been replying to calls and texts from the multi-talented actor, so in response Gibson, who plays Roman Pearce in the series, has delivered a savage rip to his co-star for his Fast And Furious spin-off.
It all started three days ago when The Rock posted on Instagram saying that he had a day of 'productive meetings' and 'big business deals' - in his words, getting shit done.
Tyrese's response was less positive. He wrote: "If you move forward with that #HobbsMovie you will have purposely ignored the heart to heart moment we had in my sprinter - I don't wanna hear from you until you remember what we talked about - I'm on your timeline cause you're not responding to my text messages - #FastFamily is just that, a family... We don't fly solo."
Clearly, it would seem Johnson was struggling to recall whatever it was they had previously chatted about, as Gibson soon turned to memes.
His next post, using the kid with veins popping out of his head, read: "When you see the bullshit with @TheRock playing out in front of you and you can't say anything cause they don't want you to win the battles and lose the war - reckless?"
More Like ThisMore Like This
Tyrese then spilt over into a longwinded post about his faith and helping those who have become victims of hurricanes Irma and Harvey in the Caribbean and South America.
He may have taken another dig at The Rock towards the end when he said: "You're on the Forbes list. Is that all you're donating? Oh OK..." This is presumably in relation to the $25,000 (£19,000) The Rock said he would donate towards the Red Cross relief aid.
Tyrese then posted another lengthy post to his wall - we've summarised the key parts below - before later deleting.
- "I have never and will never have a problem with this major movie star, he's my brother."
- "I'm simply trying to reach him cause he won't call me back about this solo #HobbsMovie. I want you to shoot it just not right now cause the #Fast9 release date has already been announced."
- "I never ever go public with private family issues... Once you hit me back I will delete every post."
- "Love you bro and I love that Sept 11th post you just up about the families and friends of that horrific tragedy."
- "This is not a #Rant I'm no Rock #Hater and I don't want his #Life I love my own."
- "I'm doing this for the #FastFamily, I'm loyal and I apologize for being loyal but dammit I am."
Tyrese's most recent post again stated how his preferred method of communication goes.
Maybe The Rock is just too busy building his campaign to run for president...?
Featured Image Credit: Instagram
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read