Your Picture Of A Pint Was Better But Beyonce Scores The Most Liked Instagram Photo Of 2017
When you're a celebrity, it would be pretty intense seeing how many people liked, shared or commented on a photo within just a few seconds. Having tens of thousands of people give a cheeky thumbs up every minute must be an overwhelming feeling, but after a while they'd surely get used to it.
Most normal people would be happy getting double or triple digits on their Instagram posts, however, there are some celebrities who get well into the seven or even digit region.
There are four famous people who have made up the top 10 most liked photos on the social networking site.
10. It was a big year for singer Selena Gomez, but her fans seemed to go wild when she debuted her new blonde hair, with 7.6 million people hitting double tap on this picture.
9. But the world's most followed person on Instagram didn't stop at hairstyles. The photo of her with her ex-boyfriend, The Weeknd, managed to amass 7.7 million likes.
8. Another photo of the happy couple got 8.1 million likes.
7. It was also a huge year for footballer Cristiano Ronaldo, who introduced his new-born twins to the world in June, with 8.25 million people liking his picture
6. But the likes kept pouring through for the highest-paid footballer, who also celebrated winning his fifth Ballon d'Or next to the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Not only was he stoked at the achievement, but so were 8.27 million of his followers.
More Like This
5. It seems as though pregnancy photos are a good way to notch up the likes on a post. Talk to Khloe Kardashian, who officially confirmed she was expecting a child with Tristan Thompson through Instagram with this sweet post. A whopping 8.6 million people celebrated with the 33-year-old.
4. But if there was going to be anyone to knock a Kardashian out of the top four, it would be none other than Beyoncé. Another new-born baby picture to add to this list, the singing legend premiered Sir Carter and Rumi Carter to the world in July in a lavish as fuck photoshoot. This was the first photo to crack the eight-digit mark, with 10.2 million likes.
3. Selena Gomez makes another appearance, but there are no babies in sight this time. She posted an incredibly moving set of photos of her in hospital, next to her best mate, Francia Raisa, after getting a kidney transplant. That photo drew 10.4 million likes and deservedly so.
2. Ronaldo slides into the third position with another pregnancy-related shot. This time it's the football superstar and his wife in hospital just after she gave birth. An incredible 11.1 million people pressed the heart button for this one.
1. With such a huge following on Instagram, it's hard to imagine Beyonce not getting the top spot with the very much over-the-top, heavily parodied shot of her confirming she was pregnant with twins. Getting 11.2 million up votes made the photo the most liked post in Instagram history.
There you have it. While most people on Earth are happy when they get a few dozen likes, others are getting millions upon millions. Some celebrities are even given huge pay cheques for a single post.
Imagine the next time you chucked up a photo of your pint you got a nice £250,000 in the bank. That's the reality for the rich and famous.
Sources: The Independent
Featured Image Credit: PA