Jennifer Lawrence Describes 'Violation' After Her Nudes Were Leaked By Hackers
| Last updated
Jennifer Lawrence has opened up about the 'violation' she felt when her private photos were hacked and nudes were leaked back in 2014.
Lawrence was one of the most high-profile victims of a cyber-attack that saw the iCloud accounts of a number of female celebrities broken into.
Around the time of the hacking, the 27-year-old actor described the leak as a 'sex crime' and a 'sexual violation'. She added, 'anybody who looked at those pictures, you're perpetuating a sexual offence and you should cower with shame'.
Now talking on the Hollywood Reporter's Awards Chatter podcast, Lawrence spoke further about her feelings around the invasion of privacy.
Credit: PA Images
She said: "When the hacking thing happened, it was so unbelievably violating that you can't even put it into words. I think that I'm still actually processing it.
"When I first found out it was happening, my security reached out to me. It was happening minute to minute. It was almost like a ransom situation where they were releasing new ones [photos] every hour or so."
Lawrence added: "I feel like I got gang-banged by the fucking planet. Like, there's not one person in the world that is not capable of seeing these intimate photos of me. You can just be at a barbecue and somebody can just pull them up on their phone. That was a really impossible thing to process."
Lawrence also said: "A lot of women were affected, and a lot of them reached out to me about suing Apple or suing [others] - and none of that was gonna really bring me peace, none of that was gonna bring my nude body back to me."
Credit: PA Images
Lawrence also described how she had been moved to tears when a member of the public told her she was a good role model for young women following the hack, as she 'couldn't believe somebody still felt that way after what happened'.
The actor, whose films have grossed over $5.5 billion (£4.15bn) worldwide, has used her platform to call out sexism in Hollywood. Last month she described how she was forced to take part in a 'naked line-up' as a young actress.
Speaking at Elle's Women in Hollywood, Lawrence said she was told by movie producers that she needed to lose 15 pounds.
jennifer lawrence's speech at #ELLEWIH (part 2) pic.twitter.com/RAFVoRzvPG
- p (@dorninika) October 17, 2017
She claimed she was made to take part in a naked line up with slimmer women and told the experience could be used as 'inspiration' for her to lose weight.
Lawrence explained: "During this time a female producer had me do a nude line-up with about five women who were much, much, thinner than me.
"We are stood side-by-side with only tape on covering our privates. After that degrading and humiliating line-up, the female producer told me I should use the naked photos of myself as inspiration for my diet."