To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
| Last updated
Johnny Depp has said he would be happy to just reprise his role as Captain Jack Sparrow at kids' birthday parties 'at this point'.
The Pirates of the Caribbean star has recently claimed he has been whacked with a 'Hollywood boycott' after losing his libel case against the Sun newspaper after they called him a 'wife beater' in a story about him and his ex-wife Amber Heard.
And it seems as though he's itching to get back to acting, recently revealing he'd gladly step back into Captain Jack's shoes again if he had 'the opportunity' - even if that means turning up to a children's birthday party.
Speaking at the San Sebastian Film Festival, the 58-year-old said: "The beauty of Captain Jack Sparrow for me is that I can travel with Captain Jack in a box, literally Captain Jack in a box, and when the opportunity is right I'm able to go and visit people and places where the smiles and the laughs and the things that are important, the most important things in the world, are on the line.
"So I still travel with Captain Jack and if I have the opportunity, whenever I do, I will go to these places. I'll go to somebody's house - man, I'll perform at your kid's birthday party at this point!"
Last month, Depp accused Hollywood execs of 'boycotting' him after it was revealed his new flick Minamata was yet to be released in the US, despite being out in every other territory.
Depp stars as W Eugene Smith, a photographer who helped to expose a mercury poisoning scandal in Minamata in Japan.
Speaking to The Sunday Times about the new movie, Depp said: "We looked these people in the eyeballs and promised we would not be exploitative.
"That the film would be respectful. I believe that we've kept our end of the bargain, but those who came in later should also maintain theirs."
He then added: "Some films touch people. And this affects those in Minamata and people who experience similar things.
"And for anything... for Hollywood's boycott of me? One man, one actor in an unpleasant and messy situation, over the last number of years?"
He made the claims after losing his high-profile case against the Sun last year.
He later vowed to fight the ruling.
Posting on Instagram last November, he said: "The surreal judgement of the court in the UK will not change my fight to tell the truth and I confirm that I plan to appeal.
"My resolve remains strong and I intend to prove that the allegations against me are false.
"My life and career will not be defined by this moment in time."
However, earlier this year Depp was refused permission to appeal the ruling.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read