Seth Rogen Has 'No Plans' To Work With James Franco Again After Sexual Misconduct Allegations
| Last updated
Seth Rogen has said he has 'no plans' to work with James Franco again, following allegations of sexual misconduct made against his former co-star and collaborator, explaining that the 'dynamic' of their relationship has 'changed'.
Rogen and Franco have previously worked together on projects including Pineapple Express, This is the End and The Disaster Artist.
After actors Sarah Tither-Kaplan and Toni Gaal filed a 2019 lawsuit alleging Franco had intimated acting school students into exploitative sexual situations, a deal was reached in February this year - under which Tither-Kaplan and Gaal agreed to drop their claims.
Following the agreement, Rogen has come out and said he does not plan to work with Franco anytime soon.
Speaking to Sunday Times' Culture magazine, he said: "What I can say is that I despise abuse and harassment and I would never cover or conceal the actions of someone doing it, or knowingly put someone in a situation where they were around someone like that."
Rogen said the allegations against Franco have affected their friendship, adding: "I look back to that interview in 2018 where I comment that I would keep working with James, and the truth is that I have not and I do not plan to right now."
He explained that the decision not to work with Franco was 'not a coincidence', saying: "I can say it, um, you know, it has changed many things in our relationship and our dynamic."
Rogen spoke to the outlet while promoting his new memoir, Yearbook, which is released on 11 May.
He said one of the first people to read an early draft of the book was his own mother - who wasn't too keen on his lengthy passages about how much he enjoyed taking drugs.
Rogen continued: "And it was actually really helpful, because when I sat down and thought about it, I realised that there is a good reason for why I feel a compulsion to talk about it."
Meanwhile, his father has recently spoken out about how smoking weed was a 'miracle' for his son, saying it helped his undiagnosed ADHD and Tourette's.
In an interview with the New York Times, which was published on 4/20, Seth and his dad Mark Rogen discussed how useful the drug has proven to be.
Mark said: "We had him on a strict diet that helped keep him in balance, but it wasn't 100 percent. Marijuana finally made his cells relax."
His son - who recently launched his own weed company - added: "It's just a tool we use to make our experience more palatable, and some people need those tools a lot more than others."