Advert

Fans Planning To Raid Sony's Offices To Bring Spider-Man Back To The MCU

Published 
| Last updated 

Fans Planning To Raid Sony's Offices To Bring Spider-Man Back To The MCU

A group of fans that are mad about Spider-Man's removal from the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) have started a petition to storm the Sony offices in California and New York, hoping to drag the webslinger back to the world of the Avengers, the Guardians of the Galaxy et al.

Yes, first it was Area 51, now this.

The Facebook event, hosted by three (presumably) MCU fanatics, was set up on Tuesday and - according to the description - involves dressing up as Spider-Man to break into the offices and 'bring our boy home'.

We've all heard of Spider-Man: Homecoming, but this is ridiculous.

Advert
Credit: Sony/Marvel
Credit: Sony/Marvel

In a piece of potentially ingenious planning, they've arranged for the event to take place on 31 October - Halloween.

Nobody would possibly suspect several thousand people dressed up as Spider-Man on Halloween, right?

Anyway, so far more than 6,000 have marked themselves down as attending. That's a lot of help.

Advert

While Area 51 is guarded by the might of the US military, you'd have to imagine that the Sony offices on America's east and west coasts are less heavily fortified.

The Facebook event reads: "We storm Sony Pictures in solidarity dressed in Spider-Man costumes and bring our boy home!"

On the upside, they go on to add: "This is a peaceful demonstration and violence will not be tolerated."

Credit: Sony/Marvel
Credit: Sony/Marvel
Advert

Pray tell, how does one 'peacefully' storm a building in order to rescue a fictional character?

F*** it, this is 2019. It doesn't even matter anymore, does it?

Anyway, this rage stems from the recent falling out between Sony and Marvel, after which it became clear that Marvel supremo Kevin Feige won't produce any further Spider-Man films and - therefore - Marvel will play no further part in the Spider-Man universe.

A Sony spokesperson said: "Much of today's news about Spider-Man has mischaracterised recent discussions about Kevin Feige's involvement in the franchise,

Advert

"We are disappointed, but respect Disney's decision not to have him continue as a lead producer of our next live action Spider-Man film."

Credit: Sony/Marvel
Credit: Sony/Marvel

It's not all over, though. That same Sony spokesperson said that the company remains hopefully that the situation might 'change in the future'.

Well, it certainly will if a load of tragic folks raid Sony's offices dressed in red and blue spandex, won't it?

Advert

What do you mean, no?

Sony and Marvel have been collaborating on Spider-Man films since 2015 to great success. In fact, the latest film, Spider-Man: Far From Home - an ironic title, given what we now know - became Sony's highest ever grossing film after taking more than $1 billion at the box office.

Featured Image Credit: Sony/Marvel

Topics: TV and Film, US Entertainment, Weird, Marvel

Tom Wood
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

News

Swimmers Surprised By Clare Balding's Unintentionally X-Rated Comment

2 days ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

News

Olympics' First Transgender Athlete Breaks Her Silence Ahead Of Debut

20 hours ago