It seems like everyone I know is obsessed with the infamous drug lord Pablo Escobar and the Netlfix depiction of his life.
Pablo's son, however, is less than impressed with the show. He took to Facebook to point out 28 inaccuracies and said the show was 'insulting'.
In a very long Facebook post, which has been translated into English, Sebastian Marroquin shares what he calls, the truth about his father.
Here are some of the mistakes Sebastian pointed out.
- Carlos Henao was not a drug dealer.
- Pablo didn't even support Atletico Nacional, he was a fan of Deportivo Independiente Medellin.
- La Quinca was in prison in New York at the time of Escobar's escape in July 1992.
- Only one guard was killed during Escobar's escape from La Catedral, there wasn't a big confrontation and Escobar didn't have any help from the law during the escape.
- Maria Henao never owned a gun.
- Escobar did not kill Colonel Carrillo, like he does on the show.
- Escobar was on his own in his last days, most of his gang were dead.
- Escobar didn't live a life of luxury when he escaped from La Catedral, he lived in 'hovels'.
- Escobar never threatened the people of Cali, only the cartel.
- Leon didn't live in the US and was loyal to Escobar.
- Escobar never forced his kids to stay with him underground.
- Sebastian was involved in one gun fight with his dad, but it wasn't like in the show.
- The bomb attacks on the
pharmaceutical chain were depicted as happening in 1993, they actually took place
- No journalists were killed
outside the Tequendama Hotel.
The show's creators are yet to make a comment on the claims, but have always stood by the fact that the show is entertainment, with some events being exaggerated for effect.
Featured image credit: Netflix