Tom Holland Has Shaved All His Hair Off
Tom Holland has cut all his hair off - not sure how Peter Parker would feel about this. The Spider-Man: Far From Home actor showed off his new closely cropped hair in a short clip that was shared on social media today. Check it out:
Unsurprisingly, social media has done what social media does and pulled no punches, with some people on Twitter comparing him - favourably, you'd hope, although this is Twitter so probably not - with similarly close-cropped slebs like Eminem and even Eleven from Stranger Things.
However, other people were more creative in identifying the funny side of the star's new locks (or lack of), such as this smart reinvention of a popular meme:
y/n: I'm scared of getting this hair transplant.- ϟ j'adore la Cleo (@flkrofhemsworth) October 8, 2019
Tom Holland: It's ok, I'll be here after your surgery.
*y/n wakes after surgery and sees a nurse*
y/n: Where is Tom? He said he'd be here.
Nurse: Who do you think gave you you your hair? pic.twitter.com/xVpyCnzkkk
Although we're not sure why he reached for the clippers, it's likely he did for his new role in Russo brother's flick Cherry.
Tom will be starring alongside Bill Skarsgård (IT: Chapter Two) in the new movie, which, according to Variety, is based upon the book of the same name by Nico Walker and tells the real-life story of a former Army medic who returned from Iraq with severe but undiagnosed PTSD and turned to drugs to help him cope and eventually began robbing banks. Sounds good, eh?
The twenty-three-year-old has also announced he will be taking a break from social while he goes off to film the movie.
Sharing a photo of himself and his adorable four-legged best pal, he wrote: "My Pooch and Me. Off now to go begin my latest venture with the @therussobrothers. I'm going to be taking a short break from Instagram, so see you all in the not so distant future."
It's been a busy few months for the star, as well as shooting off to film a new movie and deciding to kiss goodbye to his flowing locks - Tom also played an integral part in getting Spider-Man back in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, apparently.
In case you weren't up on the latest, the web-slinger is back with his MCU pals following a drawn-out disagreement between Sony and Disney (which now owns Marvel). However, last month it was announced that Spidey would be staying put and that Tom was partly responsible.
A source told The Hollywood Reporter: "The star, 23, made multiple appeals to Disney chairman and CEO Bob Iger and Sony film chairman Tom Rothman to reach a resolution, announced Sept 27, for Marvel to produce a third Spider-Man movie for Sony, and for the character to appear in at least one additional Disney-Marvel film.
Sharing the good news MCU boss Kevin Feige said: "I am thrilled that Spidey's journey in the MCU will continue, and I and all of us at Marvel Studios are very excited that we get to keep working on it.
"Spider-Man is a powerful icon and hero whose story crosses all ages and audiences around the globe.
"He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold."
Featured Image Credit: Sony/Marvel