To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
| Last updated
The pair said they managed to wander around the camp at Gwrych Castle and take pictures around the celebrity's quarters for around 90 minutes.
The latest security breach took place while the camp was empty as the contestants had been removed for their safety due to Storm Arwen.
One of the intruders, who wished to remain anonymous, said they were removed from the set after managing to get past the show's six-tier security system, which included police-approved bulletproof detection Armadillo robots.
The intruders claimed to have remained on site for around 90 minutes before being escorted off by security, and said they explored all areas of the camp.
Speaking to North Wales Live, one of the intruders said: "Myself and a friend managed to get into the set after a two-hour hike over the mountain tops of the castle estate.
"I was unaware the celebs had been evacuated at the time we managed to get into the castle as I don't follow the show or the news on it, but was aware the weather had been bad on the night before due to the storm so didn't know what to expect.
"I'm slightly glad the celebs were not on set as I believe if we had managed to come into contact it could have forced the whole show off air as it would have breached the programme’s Covid bubble.
"Despite this, we remained on site for at least 90 minutes before actually getting spotted by any security but this was after we had explored the entirety of the campmates' quarters."
An ITV source condemned the break-in, telling LADbible: "This was such irresponsible behaviour to put themselves and the security team in during the storm.
"They were trespassing on private property and creating unnecessary risks."
An official statement from ITV said: "A security breach was identified during Storm Arwen and intruders were removed from the location with immediate effect.
"The safety of both our celebrities and our production crew remains our primary concern.”
I'm a Celebrity returned on Tuesday (30 November) after having to go off air for three days due to Storm Arwen.
ITV said the show had to stop filming due to 'technical difficulties caused by extreme weather conditions in the area'.
The celebrities were removed from Gwrych Castle as a precautionary measure, returning to isolation to keep the show Covid-secure.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read