A Houston law firm has filed the biggest lawsuit against Travis Scott over the tragic Astroworld music festival.
Ten people were killed and hundreds suffered serious injuries after a crowd surge happened while the 'Sicko Mode' star was on stage on November 5 in Texas.
It didn't take long before loads of attendees banded together to sue Scott, other performers, the organisers and the host of the event.
However, one law firm is now representing more than 1,500 people who attended the music festival and they are seeking damages of $10 billion.
Attorney Brent Coon, founder of Brent Coon & Associates, launched the humungous lawsuit earlier this week and they are confident they will be able to hold Scott, the promoters and the organisers liable.
The lawyer said in a statement: "What happened at Astroworld was an unconscionable tragedy and it is important that justice is served for all those impacted.
"I believe our firm is best suited to help lead this case, not only because of the number of victims who have selected our firm to represent them in this action, but due the fact that we possess the extensive legal experience as demonstrated by our lead counsel work on many plant explosions, product recalls and other mass tort actions.
"We will roll over every rock in this matter.
"Everyone associated with these types of events has the power to halt conduct that is resulting in injury to attendees.
"It has been terribly disappointing that some defendants have already gone public misstating and down-playing their responsibilities that attach to events such as this."
Brent Coon alleges none of the artists or the organisers involved in setting up the event tried to stop the crowd surge from happening.
According to Chron, their lawsuit will use Dr. G. Keith Still, who is a 'world-renowned crowd surge stampede expert', to speak about how the tragedy unfolded at Astroworld last month.
It comes as Travis Scott and other people involved in the lawsuits have hit back against the allegations.
He wants the case 'dismissed with prejudice', which means the case couldn't be permitted to be brought back again.
Rolling Stone says 11 filings have been made on behalf of Scott and they have responded to the Astroworld lawsuits, denied the allegations inside the briefs and requested dismissals.
Other entities named in the various lawsuits, including Live Nation, ScoreMore, and Harris County Sports and Convention Corporation, have reportedly filed similar documentation.
However, these groups have simply denied the allegations rather than tried to request dismissals.
Featured Image Credit: Gonzales Photo - Lasse Lagoni
- Lawyer Files $2 Billion Lawsuit Against Travis Scott And Organisers Over Astroworld Tragedy
- Travis Scott Files Legal Documents To Have Astroworld Lawsuits Thrown Out
- Astroworld Attendee Sues Travis Scott And Organisers Over 'Predictable' Tragedy
- Travis Scott Facing $750 Million Lawsuit From 125 Fans Following Astroworld Tragedy