Tuka From The Thundamentals Is Touring Australia
Hip-hop group the Thundamentals have been dropping some fire tracks since they formed in 2008.
They're a collection of artists that include the likes of DJ Morgs (Morgan Jones), MC Jeswon (Jesse Ferris), MC Tuka (Brendan Tuckerman) and DJ Poncho (Kevin Kerr).
Tuka decided to launch his solo work in 2010 and has just dropped his latest single 'F*ck You Pay Me'.
The MC has revealed what was going on behind the track, saying: "[The track] is a playful song about my relationship with money as an artist in the rap/hip hop industry.
"I'm basically taking the piss out of myself, I've always been unsettled by the need or want for money in others, it's never been my drive so I couldn't relate. I've always enjoyed creating art for art sake and working out how to 'sell it' later.
More Like ThisMore Like This
"The idea for this song has been floating around my head for years but because I don't align with the 'get money' lifestyle I never got around to actually seeing it through and writing the song till recently.
"I guess because I've managed to somehow stay relevant in the Australian hip hop industry for so long I'm comfortable bragging a bit, carving a career out of Oz rap is a pretty surreal reality if you ask me? Especially if you had asked me 10 years ago when I started, it wasn't really an option back then."
To celebrate launching 'F*ck You Pay Me', he's going on an Aussie tour.
The dates and locations of his little trip around the Land Down Under are as follows:
- Friday Nov 1 - Newcastle, The Cambridge Hotel
- Saturday Nov 2 - Blue Mountains, Baroque House
- Friday Nov 8 - Adelaide, Fat Controller
- Saturday Nov 9 - Newcastle, This That Festival
- Friday Nov 15 - Perth, Jack Rabbit Slims
- Saturday Nov 16 - Melbourne, Howler
- Friday Nov 22 - Brisbane, Foundry
- Saturday Nov 23 - Sydney, Lansdowne
- Friday Nov 29 - Canberra, UC Hub
- Saturday Nov 30 - Hobart, Republic Bar
Featured Image Credit: EMI