| Last updated
Simon Cowell was rushed for an emergency brain scan after being discover unconscious at the bottom of his staircase by his security team.
It is believed that he will miss the first X Factor live show as he recovers from the ordeal.
The accidentally reportedly came after he fell down the stair an early-morning attempt to go get a cup of warm milk as he felt dizzy.
Bodyguards alerted by the noise then called emergency services to get help.
The 58-year-old X Factor mogul was reportedly stretchered out of his London mansion in a neck brace yesterday morning.
Simon was then taken to Chelsea and Westminster NHS Hospital he was given a brain scan to check for blood clots, tumours, internal injuries or signs of aneurysm.
He was then discharged in the afternoon, he described the incident as a 'real shock to the system'.
He received a number of well wishes from his fans on social media:
@SimonCowell God bless and heal Dear Mr Simon Cowell . Was really worried :(
- :hearts: SysDaughterAlly :hearts: (@SYsDaughter) October 27, 2017
@danwootton @SimonCowell Just heard about Mr.Cowell, Lovely Man, hope it's not too serious and your on the mend Simon.Take it easy.:microphone::headphones::musical_score:
- Brian Altman (@MrBsTweet) October 27, 2017
Hope Simons ok ,get well soon Mr Cowell xx
- kellie b (@kellbb) October 28, 2017
@SimonCowell take it easy simon one night off wont stop the show think of your own health and family get well soon xx
- marilyn earp (@marilynearp123) October 28, 2017
@SimonCowell Hope you are feeling better. Try to slow down don't kill yourself working Eric needs you and so will your growing family
- kim turnill (@kimturnill) October 28, 2017
Speaking yesterday, a source close to Cowell told the Sun: "It's been a scary morning. It was very early and Simon was going down his stairs to get some hot milk because he couldn't sleep.
"He fainted and is thought to have fallen down the stairs."
It is believe his girlfriend Lauren Silverman rushed home from New York when she heard new of his collapse. Eric - the son Simon and Lauren share - was in the house but was looked after by a nanny when medics arrived.
Featured Image Credit: Instagram / PA Images
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read