| Last updated
Middleton appeared on Good Morning Britain where he claimed Channel 4 had been 'reckless and desperate' releasing the statement and said he had already decided not to film any more series of the show even before Channel 4 made the announcement.
Speaking to Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid, Middleton said: "Channel Four and Minnow Films statement is very reckless and desperate - that's the word, it's desperate.
"Especially backed by the excuses about the BLM [Black Lives Matter] tweet - the BLM tweet I done just under a year ago. Settled that - three or four months later, I'm filming two more series of SAS: Who Dares Wins."
The 40-year-old went on to say he had already made up his mind to leave the show at the end of the last series.
He said: "From the last episode of SAS: Who Dares Wins, when I filmed the last episode, it became a half-scripted sort of reality show, full control was taken from me for health and safety.
"And after that show, I said, 'I'm not going to film anymore, I'm done with SAS: Who Dares Wins'.
"I wanted to part in a healthy way and in a positive way. And they knew that I was going.
"And all a sudden they dropped this bomb about Black Lives Matter... and I've been axed.
"And ultimately what they're doing is they're protecting their brand."
Middleton spoke about what he sees as the 'woke patrol' and the 'PC patrol' which he says ruined the show.
He also hit back at reports today (3 March) that female crew members had complained anonymously about 'inappropriate comments' from him.
He said: "You're on SAS: Who Dares Wins. We say inappropriate things. We do inappropriate things. If you get offended by them then so be it.
"It's never direct, it's what someone's seen on the show. They've seen a bit of military banter, they've seen us talk about a recruit or maybe a production member.
"It's not direct, it's something indirect that they've complained about that they've seen and they've felt offended by."
Channel 4 announced it would no longer be working with Middleton earlier this week.
A spokesperson told LADbible: "Ant Middleton will not be taking part in future series of SAS: Who Dares Wins.
"Following a number of discussions Channel 4 and Minnow Films have had with him in relation to his personal conduct it has become clear that our views and values are not aligned and we will not be working with him again."
After 5 incredible years I've decided it's time to move on from SAS Who Dares Wins UK. Big respect to my fellow DS - it's been a journey I'll never forget. Thanks to everyone that took part and made the show what it is. Really excited about the future and what's coming this year. pic.twitter.com/m5dmkDfesJ
- Ant Middleton (@antmiddleton) March 1, 2021
Middleton came under fire back in June when he labelled Black Lives Matters protestors 'scum'.
In a tweet, he wrote: "The extreme left against the extreme right. When did two wrongs make a right. It was only a matter of time. BLM and EDL are not welcome on our streets, absolute scum.
"What a great example you are to your future generation. Bravo."
LADbible has contacted Channel 4 for comment.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read