Gary Lineker ‘Confirms’ Ian Wright Is Heading Into The Jungle For I’m A Celeb
Gary Lineker dropped some seriously heavy hints about his co-star and fellow footballing legend Ian Wright heading into the jungle for this year's I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
Lineker made several cheeky comments about Wrighty's potential dalliance with the reality series as they hosted last night's Match of the Day, throwing out several jungle-related puns.
He started teasing Wright by asking him where he'd be later on in the month - with the next instalment of I'm A Celeb hitting ITV on 17 November.
Lineker also talking about Wright 'passing all the trials', saying to him: "You all right Ian? I'm not bugging you?"
After making another sly dig about how Norwich City had 'come out of the jungle that is the Championship', Lineker wrapped things up by telling viewers at the end of the show: "Wrighty's off to eat leaves."
Thankfully, Wright - who is unable to confirm or deny any rumours - saw the funny side, and chuckled through the segment without giving anything away.
But those watching at home spotted Lineker's not-so-subtle comments, with one tweeting: "Gary Lineker just confirmed Ian Wright is going in."
Another wrote: "Gary Lineker confirming Ian Wright will be going on I'm A Celebrity?? If so, think he will be favourite to win."
Massive fan of Gary Lineker just confirming Ian Wright is going on I'm A Celeb this year. #MOTD
- Joshua Chapman (@JRCSport) November 2, 2019
Lineker's not even the first person to suggest that Wright will be involved in this year's show - amid rumours the Arsenal veteran has been offered £1 million to feature.
Last year's winner Harry Redknapp apparently also let the news slip at an event in Nottingham earlier this month, when a fan in the audience tweeted: "Just got home from seeing @Redknapp in Nottingham. Interestingly, he let slip that Ian Wright has been paid £1m to appear on this year's #ImACeleb."
The fan, Luke Pawley, later told Metro: "He was asked why he went in the jungle and said, 'Well, they paid me half a million quid, so that helped. Ian Wright's going in this year and they're paying him a million.'"
Other celebs rumoured to be making an appearance include ex-Girls Aloud singer Nadine Coyle, presenter Kate Garraway, former rugby union star James Haskell, radio presenter Roman Kemp, soap actors Jacqueline Jossa and Andrew Whyment and X-Factor winner Myles Stephenson, who is a member of 2017 champions Rak-Su.
Caitlyn Jenner, 70, has also reportedly been signed up for a whopping £500,000 ($645k).
Jenner, who was married to the Kardashian clan's mum Kris, has been on the producer's wish list for years, an ITV source told The Sun.
The unnamed source said: "She's such a huge name and a great get for producers.
"ITV think she is one of their best ever signings. It's a real bolt from the blue. They've asked her every year for a long time, but she finally felt the time was right."
Featured Image Credit: PA