Netflix Confirms Outer Banks Will Return For Second Season
Netflix series Outer Banks has been confirmed for a second season, and you can see the cast confirm the news here:
Since it aired in April, fans have been patiently waiting for the news that one of the year's most bingeworth-y Netflix outputs would return, and the streaming service announced it today.
Followers started noticing that something was on the horizon when the cast of the teen drama began to post parts of an image, with the official Instagram for the show sharing the video, as well as an image, to confirm it. It was captioned: "See you in the Bahamas."
Netflix also confirmed the news on Twitter.
Outer Banks has been renewed for Season 2! pic.twitter.com/01Irbq79Xi
- Netflix (@netflix) July 24, 2020
The show centres on 17-year-old John B (played by Chase Stokes) who lives on the titular Outer Banks, an island chain in North Carolina - and his group of friends, the Pogues.
John B enlists the help of his pals JJ (Rudy Pankow), Kiara (Madison Bailey) and Pope (Jonathan Daviss) to help him search for a legendary multi-million-dollar treasure that he reckons is linked to his dad's disappearance.
More Like This
Fans Have Already Binge Watched Netflix's Outer Banks And Are Now Demanding Second Season
An official synopsis reads: "Outer Banks is a coming of age story that follows a tight-knit group of local teens (the Pogues) in the beach vacation destination of the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
"When a hurricane kills the power for the summer season, it sets off a chain of illicit events that force the friends to make life-altering decisions.
"The search for their ringleader's missing father, forbidden romances, a high-stakes treasure hunt, and the escalating conflict between the Pogues and their rivals turn their summer into one filled with mystery and adventure they'll never forget."
And if you already know you'll make your way through the second season in a matter of days, the creator of Outer Banks says he already has plans for season four and five of the hit show.
Jonas Pate officially got the green light for a second series of the teen drama back in May, but he is already looking well into the future.
Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, the 50-year-old revealed that he and his team had always planned for a long-running series and that ideas had been percolating for some time.
He told the publication: "Ever since we started, we always viewed it as something that was probably like a four-season, maybe five-season show, but definitely four seasons.
"We've sort of long-arced it out pretty far. I'm just hoping that we get a chance to actually tell those stories."
Featured Image Credit: Netflix