There was a lot going on last night at the 2018 National Television Awards, with an emotional speech from Ant and Dec, David Walliams taking the piss out of Simon Cowell, dogs live on stage and even a tribute to the late Leon from Gogglebox,
But arguably the highlight was the mischievous Bradley Walsh, who managed to somehow sneak on stage as his show was beaten to an award.
As well as losing out to Ant and Dec for the Best TV Presenter award, his show, The Chase, was pipped to the post by This Morning for the Best Daytime TV accolade.
However, that didn't stop Walsh from sneaking up on stage as the This Morning crew collected their award, standing among them inconspicuously to share a bit of their glory.
It didn't take long for observant viewers to clock him - and to find the whole thing simply hilarious.
Ah just love @BradleyWalsh he makes me laugh out loud! #NTAs
- Claire Broome (@ToDotJewellery) January 23, 2018
Best part of the Awards love BW. #ShouldHaveWonTheChase:joy::joy::joy::joy:
- margaret (@MStobbsrt) January 23, 2018
Hes class love bradley :joy:
- :rose:shell:hibiscus: (@MichelleBramha3) January 23, 2018
He's an absolute craic up how funny what a brilliant award photo bomb :bomb: ha Brad so mad but wonderful#NTAAwards#ThisMorning
- Suzy Young (@SuzyYoung24) January 24, 2018
Omg Bradley Walsh is hiding on the stage :joy::joy::joy::joy: #NTAs
- Cyster Jade :star2::heartpulse::purple_heart: (@KittyKat3801) January 23, 2018
Bradley Walsh pulling a John Terry and going up on stage to lift a trophy he had no part in. What a lad! #NTAs
- CM Reid (@CM_Reidy) January 23, 2018
Peter Kay's Car Share also won an award, but unfortunately the comedian wasn't there to pick it up, leaving co-star Sian Gibson to accept the award on his behalf.
"Obviously I have got to say thank you so much to Mr Peter Kay," said Gibson. "He is gutted he can't be here tonight but he sends his love.
"He is going to be over the moon so we're going to go and phone him."
Kay cancelled his 2018 and 2019 stand-up arena tour in December, much to the shock of fans.
A statement posted to Kay's Twitter said: "Due to unforeseen family circumstances, I deeply regret that I am having to cancel all of my upcoming work projects.
The statement continued, somewhat cryptically: "My sincerest apologies. This decision has not been taken lightly and I'm sure you'll understand my family must always come first.
"I've always endeavoured to protect my family's privacy from the media. "I hope that the media and the public will continue to respect our privacy at this time. Once again, I'm very sorry."
Other winners on the night included Googlebox, I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!, Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway, This Morning, Blue Planet II, Strictly Come Dancing, Emmerdale and Doctor Foster.
Featured Image Credit: ITV
- Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield queue-gate petition creator claims it's 'destroying' them
- Phillip Schofield's £1 million deal with We Buy Any Car has come to an end
- The Chase host Bradley Walsh's most annoying habit shared by Anne Hegerty
- Woman marrying ghost today has interview with Holly and Phil crashed by spirit