Second Woman Who Put Gorilla Glue In Hair Told She May Have To Shave It Off
| Last updated
So by now you're probably aware that a second woman has defied common sense in putting Gorilla Glue in her hair. Just... why? Anyway, she's now been to the hospital, who told her she might have to shave off her barnet. Here's her reaction:
Avani Reyes has uploaded a series of videos showing her in the sticky situation with one of her latest being a letter from A&E advising her on the next steps.
Speaking to the camera, she updated fans saying: "I just got out of the hospital and they did nothing," before going on to highlight what the letter told her to do.
It reads: "You should apply either olive oil/tea tree oil or coconut oil on your hair to attempt to remove the flue or you can shave your hair off."
The 20-year-old posted the footage of her in the car after getting out of hospital two days ago - helpfully, it comes with a warning from TikTok saying: "The action in this video could result in serious injury."
It has been watched over 600,000 times and received over 32,000 likes with nearly 2,000 comments and 350 shares.
Commenting on the clip, many people weren't impressed. One person wrote: "OK that's your fault. I swear y'all do anything for clout. You see one girl do it and now the whole world wanna do it."
Another added: "This is not an emergency, we are in a global pandemic and peeps be out here gluing their hair and going to the ER."
Before going to hospital, Avani uploaded videos showing her red/pink coloured hair was glued down so hard that a brush couldn't even get into individual strands.
In another clip, she looked horrified before taking a shower to try and get rid of the super strength adhesive, claiming it was an accident.
This follows on from the viral journey we've all been on with Tessica Brown who, in the absence of hairspray, used Gorilla Glue. As you do.
The 40-year-old put up with the pain until she realised enough was enough and went to hospital, where medics applied acetone to try and help shift the adhesive.
But unfortunately for Brown, that didn't work either and she ended up with burns on her scalp due to the solution.
After spotting her unusual and unfortunate predicament, Los Angeles-based cosmetic surgeon Dr Michael Obeng offered to help fix the problem for free and Brown grateful took him up on his offer.
Please, please, please, everyone - do not put Gorilla Glue in your hair.
Featured Image Credit: TikTok/avanireyes
Topics: Viral, Entertainment, TikTok