So, Captain America Has Become A Meme
Despite coming out almost a year ago, a still from Spider-Man: Homecoming has become a meme. Who knows why, who cares why - as long as it breaks the monotony of your timeline and the constant updates on the royal wedding, eh?
The scene in question is Captain America's brief cameo, in which he takes part in some Public Service Announcement videos - including: 'So, You Got Detention?'
The dust has settled on the movie and Spider-Man, well, let's not go there with what's happened to Spider-Man... but that hasn't stopped Captain America from appearing in a bunch of memes along the PSA theme. Check out these examples:
So, you got your arm glued to a chair. pic.twitter.com/lcZEhVKbku
- Karto Destare (@Karto1989) May 15, 2018
You forgot to take the chicken out the freezer...again. pic.twitter.com/z6pobBriwo
- :sunflower: ShanFiction :sunflower: (@shannondrewthis) May 15, 2018
Some were more topical:
You heard YANNY instead of LAUREL.... pic.twitter.com/wqgR2qq1y1
- MissShadowLovely (@MsShadowLovely) May 16, 2018
you're about to be 35 and don't have at least double your salary saved for retirement. pic.twitter.com/1k3tq00iHX
- Avengers' Funeral Coordinator (@Steph_I_Will) May 16, 2018
you thought you can easily move on from the damage caused by infinity war pic.twitter.com/3rpoGazcQF
- point break (@MARVEL0VE) May 16, 2018
Others were timeless:
mebody once told me the world is gonna roll me
i ain't the sharpest tool in th pic.twitter.com/DfFgT6xmlZ
- soph :alien: (@sebstanswinter) May 15, 2018
No one told you life was gonna be this way... pic.twitter.com/u49fQeNAyz
- Emerald Demond (@EmeraldDemond) May 16, 2018
A few went meta and involved more than one meme:
You call them Steamed Hams, despite the fact that they are obviously grilled. pic.twitter.com/uEVJgdxRTf
- MasterTP10 (@MasterTP1) May 16, 2018
You've talked to me and my son again. pic.twitter.com/wcLSH70XSh
- :purple_heart::crown:Royal Belly Inspector:crown::purple_heart: (@ItsyBatsy) May 15, 2018
Ya like kickin' BUTTS, do ya?! WELL WE'LL SHOW YOU, OLD MAN!! pic.twitter.com/cQLff2edVR
- Kal's Kingdom (@KALSKingdom) May 15, 2018
This isn't the first Marvel meme we've been treated to this year, after fans decided to take the saddest scene in Avengers: Infinity War - Peter Parker heartbreakingly telling Tony Stark, 'I don't feel so good' - and turn that into a meme to give us all a bit of joy through our grief:
Bill Gates: What just happened? What has Thanos done?
Windows: ...Bill... I don't... I don't feel so... good...
Bill: No no no no no, stay with me pal, stay with me
- rut roh raggy (@dannydinglebop) April 29, 2018
"Oh dear, oh dear, I don't feel so good Paul" pic.twitter.com/QeuY5PhVVD
- Tom Butler (@TomButler) May 2, 2018
"I don't feel so G-R-R-REAT"
*will delete this later* pic.twitter.com/GhdH6dVuK5
- HugS formerly @ Summit (@HugS86) May 1, 2018
Wonderful, keep up the good work, Twitter.
Featured Image Credit: Marvel