Cristiano Ronaldo loves nothing more than being recognised as the 'GOAT' and his latest look would appear to be in line with that obsession, as well as explaining his celebration against Spain.
The Portugal captain kicked off his opening World Cup game with a stunning hat-trick in the 3-3 draw on Friday, beginning with a cool penalty and finishing with a free-kick that rolled back the years.
Ronaldo produced the classic 'SIIII' celebration near the corner flag, but also proceeded to stroke/scratch his chin - with a lot of people believing that he was doing it to indicate that he really is the G.O.A.T.
And CR7 has gone a step further by sporting a full on goatee for today's match against Morocco - leading many to believe it's another direct response to Lionel Messi's photoshoot with an actual goat.
Ronaldo's celebration last game was rubbing his goatee to indicate he is the goat after the Messi pictures went around and now for this game he has actually kept his goatee and shaved the rest of his beard.
What a man. pic.twitter.com/04m3eIvsDT
- BG (@ScoutedSZN) June 20, 2018
:goat: :scissors: Ronaldo sporting a GOATee today...#PORMOR#WorldCup pic.twitter.com/WIeVPMCERL
- The Sportsman (@TheSportsman) June 20, 2018
After his incredible three-goal haul in game one, Ronaldo will be looking for more of the same today. It looks like he fancies being a world champion as well as a European champion.
- Fans believe Lionel Messi is now officially the football GOAT over Cristiano Ronaldo
- Official FIFA World Cup account deletes tweet saying Lionel Messi is the GOAT after copping backlash
- Football fans spot Cristiano Ronaldo eat something from his shorts during World Cup match
- Cristiano Ronaldo becomes the first man in history to score at five different World Cups