Mohamed Salah refused to take the Man of the Match award given to him for his sensational match-winning performance against Bournemouth.
The Egyptian King bagged a brilliant hat-trick at the Vitality Stadium to take Liverpool to the top of the table for at least a few hours before Manchester City play away at Chelsea but although he was voted the Man of the Match, Salah wouldn't take it off James Milner.
Instead, in his post-match interview with Sky Sports after the 4-0 win, he told his captain to keep the award to mark his 500th Premier League appearance.
Hat-trick hero @MoSalah refuses to take his Man of the Match award and hands it over to @JamesMilner on his 500th Premier League appearance. :clap::clap::clap:
:tv: Watch the reaction to #AFCB 0-4 #LFC on Sky Sports Premier League or follow here: https://t.co/gCPPirCr0K pic.twitter.com/l7kmzOeuVt
- Sky Sports Premier League (@SkySportsPL) December 8, 2018
An absolute class act and a wonderful tribute from Salah to his teammate. Fans on Twitter loved his selfless gesture:
Salah giving his MOTM award to Milner for his 500th game pic.twitter.com/MCNlc40nNy
- Legend Eski ( Matt ) (@LegendEskimoBoy) December 8, 2018
Salah's hat-trick was his second for Liverpool and now means he is on 42 Premier League goals for the club. And in giving the spotlight to Milner after the match, he's proved he's a class act on and off the pitch.
Top man, Mo.
- World Cup fans want the loser of the England vs USA match to keep James Corden
- The Real James Milner Joins Twitter, Drops The Most Boring First Tweet Ever
- People Aren't Happy About Presenter Tipped To Replace Gary Lineker On Match Of The Day
- Man Wins Nearly $300 Million Lottery And Donates Nearly All Of It To Saving The Earth