During the build up to The Force Awakens, cameo speculation was rife. And it's even more so for the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VIII.
Most notably, Tom Hardy had been rumoured to have landed a spot in the latest film in the saga, and now it looks like it just might be true.
Making Star Wars, a website completely devoted to the Star Wars universe, has 'confirmed the authenticity' of the Hardy cameo.
"We were able to confirm the general contents of his sequence with a few of our sources as of late and piece the cameo together. So yes, Tom Hardy does have a small sequence in Star Wars: Episode VIII," they wrote.
If you detest spoilers in all their forms then do not read the following. Here's what's allegedly known of the Mad Max star's role:
- Tom Hardy plays a First Order stormtrooper.
- Said stormtrooper glimpses FN-2187 on a secret mission but doesn't realize it.
- The "incognito" FN-2187 is surprised when the stormtrooper walks up behind him and slaps him on the ass.
- FN-2187 turns around and believes he's dead. He's surely going to be captured.
- The stormtrooper is elated to see his old friend from back during their First Order academy days.
- The stormtrooper congratulates FN-2187 on his promotion to Resistance infiltrator and spy.
- FN-2187 is free to go about his business to his amazement.
In short, Tom Hardy spanks someone in the new Star Wars.
Hardy himself is yet to confirm this, but it's not usually the actor that does it anyway.
Daniel Craig rubbished the idea of a Star Wars cameo a year ago until it was revealed he played Stormtrooper JB-007 (geddit?) who succumbs to Rey's mind-control in the Starkiller Base.
Star Wars: Episode VIII is in cinemas December 2017.
Words by Josh Teal