Family Share Experience They Had On Same Ride 10-Year-Old Lad Was Decapitated On
Recently a 10-year-old boy was tragically decapitated and killed on the world's largest waterslide in Kansas City.
Caleb Thomas Schwab died on the 168-foot-tall Verruckt ride at Schlitterbahn Waterpark on Sunday, and now another family have spoke of their distressing experience on the same ride.
The Conrad family, who are regular visitors to the park, with a season pass, had a rather scary time last summer on the Verruckt.
Kenneth Conrad and his best friend Matt were on the ride when Matt's velcro harness suddenly came undone after the first drop off. Reaching speeds of up to 65mph, Matt had to hold on with just his hands until the ride came to an end.
Kenneth told Fox4: "As we were going down, we went down the first [drop], and as we were approaching the second one, he was in the back and you could hear him say that his strap came off and when we hit, he was real tense, shaken, because his strap had come completely off and literally he was using all of his force to hold him onto the slide."
Following the scary incident last year, Matt didn't file a complaint against Schlitterbahn Waterpark, but is now planning to report it following the news of Caleb Thomas Schwab.
Erica, Kenneth Conrad's wife, snapped a picture of the lad's on the ride, and caught the moment Matt was without his harness.
Speaking with Fox4, Erica said: "It was very devastating, very devastating news and like I said, we have children around the same age and had anything ever happened, I just can't even fathom what I would be going through."
The Verruckt is currently closed and pending investigation.
Words by Mark McGowan