Advert

Latest

Adventurer And Daredevil Who Removed Monolith Receive Huge Backlash Online
published at11 minutes ago
Advert
Advert

Most Popular

Advert
More

Mountain Biker Suffers Third-Degree Burns After iPhone Exploded In His Pocket

Mountain Biker Suffers Third-Degree Burns After iPhone Exploded In His Pocket

Featured image credit: Gareth Clear/Twitter @Gareth_Clear

It's not the typical injury you would expect a daredevil mountain biker to sustain on a bike ride. Nonetheless, a lad in Sydney has suffered third-degree burns after his iPhone exploded in his pocket and became stuck to his leg following a fall.


Advert

Image credit: Gareth Clear/Facebook

Gareth Clear was cycling alone through Manly Dam on Sunday afternoon. His phone was tucked in his back pocket when he misplaced his footing.

Moments after brushing himself off, the Sydney-based management consultant noticed smoke pouring from his backside, which followed by a burning sensation. Bloody hell.

The rider turned around to see that his thick cycling shorts and skin were both melting.

Advert

"The phone was stuck to my leg," he said. As he tried to remove his pants and the exploded phone, he scorched his fingers before then using his fist to punch the phone off his baked skin.


More Like ThisMore Like This

1 of 6
News

Man, 37, Left With Third-Degree Burns After Vape Pen Explodes

Image credit: Gareth Clear/Twitter @Gareth_Clear

Advert
Community

Teen, 16, Suffered Third-Degree Burns After Lice Shampoo Caught Fire

published ata month ago

"I was on my own, writhing on the ground in agony," he said.

Instead of instantly seeking help, Gareth didn't want to leave the evidence of the exploded phone. He waited for about 20 minutes for the phone to cool down before walking back to Manly. "I used two bits of wood to pick up the phone," he said.

Upon arriving back to Manly, the biker received a skin graft for his third-degree burns at the Royal North Shore Hospital.


Advert

Image credit: Gareth Clear/Twitter @Gareth_Clear

Each year the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission receives around one to two reports of consumer injuries from mobile phone batteries, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.

Apple has since contacted Gareth to inform him that the company is looking into the issue and has provided no further comment.

Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

UK First Country To Approve Pfizer/BioNTech Covid Vaccine
published at11 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

News

Asda Selling Foot-Long Chocolate And Caramel Eclairs For 10 People

published at6 hours ago

Hamish Kilburn

Keep calm... I'm a journalist