Advert

Latest

32 minutes ago
Advert
39 minutes ago
Advert

Most Popular

2 days ago
Advert

Bloke Performs CPR And Mouth To Mouth To Save Gecko That Fell Into His Beer

Bloke Performs CPR And Mouth To Mouth To Save Gecko That Fell Into His Beer

An Australian tradie has been hailed a hero for saving a gecko's life after it took a tumble in his beer.

Advert

While the thought of swimming in a bath full of beer would sound like heaven to some people, it would have likely killed the small animal.

The tradie, nicknamed Slab, was seen pulling the gecko out of his drink before performing CPR and even mouth-to-mouth.

The footage was captured at a pub near Corindi Beach, New South Wales, Australia, and it's earned Slab a bunch of fans.

Credit: Viral Hog
Credit: Viral Hog

One of his friends said: "Myself and a few mates were having a few schooners at The Amble Inn at Corindi Beach when a mate nicknamed 'Slab' went to the bar and got a round.

Advert

"He gave us our schooners and decided he'd to go outside for a smoke. He sat down, had a mouthful of beer and was about to light up a cigarette when he noticed the gecko floating in his beer.

"He took the beer back to the bar to show the staff what was in his beer as he thought they may of put it there as a joke.

"He bought the schooner back to our table and pulled the lifeless Gecko out and started CPR on it and it came back to life. The Gecko crawled over his shirt for the rest of the night and they went home together."

Credit: Viral Hog
Credit: Viral Hog

People have pointed out that the gecko could have been employing an incredible tactic that is natural in some animals.

Several species have been known to be able to play dead, called tonic immobility or thanatosis, and it's used as a defence mechanism.

A firefighter was in a similar position earlier this month when he pulled a seemingly dead lizard from his pool.

The tiny reptile had been found in a bad way in a neighbourhood swimming pool in New South Wales, Australia, where temperatures had reached a fierce 34°C.

In a Facebook post, Gordon Fire Station said one of its their off-duty firefighters was asked to help out, saying the creature was not breathing after being found 'unresponsive in a pool skimmer box by some children after failing to scale from the pool'.

The firefighter got to work quickly, and turned the lizard onto its back before starting cardiopulmonary compressions for 10 minutes in an attempt to get a spring back in its tail.

And, amazingly, it worked.

Featured Image Credit: Viral Hog

Topics: News, Animals, Australia

Stewart Perrie

Stewart Perrie is a Trending Journalist at LADbible. His first job was as a newsreader and journalist at the award winning Sydney radio station, Macquarie Radio. He was solely responsible for the content broadcast on multiple stations across Australia when the MH17, Germanwings and AirAsia disasters unfolded. Stewart has covered the conflict in Syria for LADbible, interviewing a doctor on the front line, and has contributed to the hugely successful UOKM8 campaign.

 

Next Up

Rural Fire Service Says Firefighter Hasn't Been Sacked For Slagging Off Prime Minister

Rural Fire Service Says Firefighter Hasn't Been Sacked For Slagging Off Prime Minister

2 months ago