Influencer Devastated As £3,000 Puppy She Bought Online Dies After Arriving Malnourished
A beauty influencer has warned people about the dangers of buying pets online after a dog she bought from Russia arrived malnourished and soon died.
Sarah Woods, from Liverpool, was devastated when Sushi, the Pomeranian puppy she'd purchased for £3,000, arrived at her home desperately underweight and covered in faeces.
The nail artist posted a video to her Instagram account and revealed that Sushi was dropped off in the middle of the night by a van that was packed full of cages.
In the emotionally charged video, Sarah claimed the seller even tried to blame her for the dog's death and offered to replace it with a discounted puppy.
Urging her followers to make sure they always go through the proper channels if they wish to buy a pet, she said: "I'm sorry to say that we were sadly uneducated on what to do when buying a new puppy.
"Knowing what I know now, I want to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else or any other dog.
"We were recommended this seller from a friend and everything seemed fine until the day Sushi was delivered to us.
"The suffering she must have endured is horrendous, not to mention the conditions her parents must still be kept in.
"I'm heartbroken and will not rest until we have justice for her.
More Like ThisMore Like This
"Lucy's Law means that you should always physically see the puppy interacting with its mother in their place of birth.
"When puppies are legally imported, this obviously can't ever happen, so these sellers (usually advertising on Instagram) are profiting huge amounts from the sale and suffering of these puppies every day.
"Sushi's seller made us feel like we were fully responsible for her death, when it was a miracle she even made it to us alive."
Since sharing the clip, Sarah's received dozens of messages from followers and friends who offered their condolences.
One person wrote: "Omg Sarah I'm so sorry this is literally heartbreaking."
A second commented: "I'm so sorry this happened you but I hope your story helps to educate people that buying a puppy should never be spontaneous and a good breeder should have waiting lists and contracts and certification before they even speak to you!"
"So so heartbreaking to see you so upset," said another.
"This needs to stop! Cannot believe how much dog talk we have had and this has happened to you knowing how exciting it was for you never having a dog before.
"This happened to us and our puppy only survived 6 months, but it was a gruelling 6 months of fighting like you did so I can understand the relief. Sending you so much love."
Featured Image Credit: Instagram/Sarah Woods