Advert

Latest

Police Issue £15,000 In Fines After Breaking Up Huge 300-Strong Rave

Police Issue £15,000 In Fines After Breaking Up Huge 300-Strong Rave

published at30 minutes ago
Advert
Advert

Most Popular

Advert
News

Pig Starts Huge Fire After Pooping Out Pedometer

Pig Starts Huge Fire After Pooping Out Pedometer

A pig caused a fire in its sty following a bizarre series of events, which ended in one pig pooping out some copper wires that set off the blaze.

Fire crews in North Yorkshire were called out to a fire at four pigpens in Bramham, near Leeds, yesterday afternoon [Saturday 7 March].

The fire started off after one hungry piggy ate a pedometer, that was used to show the animals were free range, and then pooped out the mangle device which then reacted with the contents of the pigpen.

Credit: Russell Jenkinson
Credit: Russell Jenkinson
Advert

Posting on Twitter, North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said: "Should be an oink not a tweet. Tadcaster and Knaresbororough fire crews attended a fire to 4 pigpens near Bramham. No pigs harmed. Cause of fire attributed to a battery powered pedometer carried by one of the pigs (to prove it was free-range), which was eaten by the other.

"After nature had taken its course, it's believed that the copper from the batteries reacted with the pigpen's contents and in conjunction with dry bedding, ignited burning approx. 75sqm of hay. A hose reel was used to extinguish the fire and save the bacon."

Thankfully, no pigs or people were harmed in the fire.

Strangely, this isn't the first case of animal causing a fire; back in December last year, a 45-year-old tortoise knocked over his heat lamp, which landed on some bedding and triggered a blaze.

More Like ThisMore Like This

1 of 6
News

Elderly Woman Narrowly Misses Injury As Swan Crashes Through Bathroom Window

Advert

Essex Fire Service tweeted out a photo of the angry looking little fella, who was thankfully saved from the fire.

News

Owl Rescued After Two Days Trapped In Filthy Hotel Extractor Fan

published at3 days ago

Watch Manager Gary Wain, Great Dunmow Fire Station, said: "The fire started after the tortoise knocked a heat lamp onto its bedding, which then caught alight.

"This incident shows just how important it is to have smoke alarms on every level of your home - even if you're not home they will alert anyone close by to the first sign of fire.

Advert

"This tortoise has had a very lucky Christmas Day - he is 45 years young and will now hopefully continue to live a long and happy life thanks to working smoke alarms."

Featured Image Credit: Russell Jenkinson

Topics: uk news, Weird, Animals

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Police Issue £15,000 In Fines After Breaking Up Huge 300-Strong Rave
published at30 minutes ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

News

Woman Charged After Filming Inside Hospital Claiming Covid Second Wave 'Is A Lie'

published at2 hours ago

Claire Reid

Claire is a journalist at LADbible who, after dossing around for a few years, went to Liverpool John Moores University. She graduated with a degree in Journalism and a whole load of debt. When not writing words in exchange for money she is usually at home watching serial killer documentaries surrounded by cats. You can contact Claire at [email protected]