Advert

Latest

Giovanna Fletcher Crowned Winner Of I'm A Celebrity 2020
published at8 hours ago
Advert
Advert

Most Popular

Advert
News

Pug Falls Ill After Eating Human Faeces 'Containing Magic Mushrooms'

Pug Falls Ill After Eating Human Faeces 'Containing Magic Mushrooms'

A concerned dog owner in Australia has issued a warning to others in her area after claiming her pet consumed human excrement 'containing magic mushrooms' while out on a walk.

Kasey Lee said her pug Riley was out enjoying some fresh air in Paradise Point, a coastal suburb of the Gold Coast in Queensland, when the animal suddenly fell ill with stomach problems.

Lee believes Riley had consumed faeces that contained 'magic mushrooms' - a type of wild mushroom which has hallucinogenic when consumed - and explained how the dog was in such a bad way the poor pup had to spend the night at the emergency vet.

Fly agaric (Amanita muscaria) are a type of magic mushrooms. Credit: PA
Fly agaric (Amanita muscaria) are a type of magic mushrooms. Credit: PA
Advert

Sharing her story in a Paradise Point Facebook group to help raise awareness to others, Lee wrote: "ATTN Dog Owners. Riley has spent the night at the emergency vet after eating human faeces containing magic mushrooms on the Paradise Point off leash dog beach yesterday.

"She was very unwell with terrible gastro. The magic mushrooms are a toxin that meant she couldn't stand up straight and was constantly wobbling and shaking. She has been treated overnight to bind the toxin and get it out of her system.

"Big thanks to whoever is doing drugs and c****ing on the beach just off the fishing pier. Feel free to be somewhere else."

Many Facebook users expressed their best wishes for the dog, while others shared Lee's frustration over what had happened.

Advert

One person wrote: "Disgusting behaviour. Poor Riley."

Someone else added: "Omg that's disgusting!"

More Like ThisMore Like This

1 of 6
News

Family Dog Ordered To Be Put Down After Mauling Five-Year-Old Australian Boy

Riley the pug. Credit: Facebook/Kasey Lee
Riley the pug. Credit: Facebook/Kasey Lee

In a response to one comment, Lee explained more about how she worked out what had happened, saying: "She had all of the symptoms of marijuana but the urine test was negative so they said almost certainly magic mushrooms as it has the same signs but doesn't show in the test."

Advert
News

First Official Steps Made To Reschedule Magic Mushrooms And MDMA In Australia

published at3 months ago

She also recalled how she tried to chase after her, but joked that for a 'slow fat breed', pugs are 'the fastest animals on land when they have something in their mouth they shouldn't'.

Lee added: "Take a minute to think of my poor husband who had to clean up poo vomit while I rushed her to the vet... he literally had to scrub it out of carpet. The rug just got thrown out... there was no coming back."

Thankfully, Riley is now doing much better after the ordeal.

"She is doing very well," Lee confirmed in another reply.

Advert

"Back to normal now."

According to anti-drug advisory service FRANK, the main risk of magic mushrooms to humans is eating poisonous ones by mistake, which can potentially kill you. More generally, they can cause you to feel dizzy or sick, have diarrhoea or experience stomach pains.

However, magic mushrooms can also exacerbate mental health issues. Ingesting them can cause you to have a 'bad trip' or experience flashbacks, both of which can be frightening and unsettling, or to put yourself at risk by losing control of your actions.

Featured Image Credit: Facebook/Kasey Lee

Topics: Dog, News, Drugs, Animals, Australia

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Game Of Thrones Prequel House Of The Dragon Begins Production Next Year
published ata day ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Entertainment

ITV Announce Gordon Gino And Fred's Road Trip Christmas Special Show

published at18 hours ago

Jess Hardiman

Jess is a journalist at LADbible who graduated from Manchester University with a degree in Film Studies, English Language and Linguistics - indecisiveness at its finest, right there. She also works for FOODbible and its sister page Seitanists, which are both a safe haven for her to channel a love for homemade pasta, fennel and everything else in between. You can contact Jess at [email protected]