Advert

Pug Falls Ill After Eating Human Faeces 'Containing Magic Mushrooms'

Published 
| Last updated 

Pug Falls Ill After Eating Human Faeces 'Containing Magic Mushrooms'

A concerned dog owner in Australia has issued a warning to others in her area after claiming her pet consumed human excrement 'containing magic mushrooms' while out on a walk.

Kasey Lee said her pug Riley was out enjoying some fresh air in Paradise Point, a coastal suburb of the Gold Coast in Queensland, when the animal suddenly fell ill with stomach problems.

Lee believes Riley had consumed faeces that contained 'magic mushrooms' - a type of wild mushroom which has hallucinogenic when consumed - and explained how the dog was in such a bad way the poor pup had to spend the night at the emergency vet.

Fly agaric (Amanita muscaria) are a type of magic mushrooms. Credit: PA
Fly agaric (Amanita muscaria) are a type of magic mushrooms. Credit: PA
Advert

Sharing her story in a Paradise Point Facebook group to help raise awareness to others, Lee wrote: "ATTN Dog Owners. Riley has spent the night at the emergency vet after eating human faeces containing magic mushrooms on the Paradise Point off leash dog beach yesterday.

"She was very unwell with terrible gastro. The magic mushrooms are a toxin that meant she couldn't stand up straight and was constantly wobbling and shaking. She has been treated overnight to bind the toxin and get it out of her system.

"Big thanks to whoever is doing drugs and c****ing on the beach just off the fishing pier. Feel free to be somewhere else."

Many Facebook users expressed their best wishes for the dog, while others shared Lee's frustration over what had happened.

Advert

One person wrote: "Disgusting behaviour. Poor Riley."

Someone else added: "Omg that's disgusting!"

Riley the pug. Credit: Facebook/Kasey Lee
Riley the pug. Credit: Facebook/Kasey Lee

In a response to one comment, Lee explained more about how she worked out what had happened, saying: "She had all of the symptoms of marijuana but the urine test was negative so they said almost certainly magic mushrooms as it has the same signs but doesn't show in the test."

Advert

She also recalled how she tried to chase after her, but joked that for a 'slow fat breed', pugs are 'the fastest animals on land when they have something in their mouth they shouldn't'.

Lee added: "Take a minute to think of my poor husband who had to clean up poo vomit while I rushed her to the vet... he literally had to scrub it out of carpet. The rug just got thrown out... there was no coming back."

Thankfully, Riley is now doing much better after the ordeal.

"She is doing very well," Lee confirmed in another reply.

Advert

"Back to normal now."

According to anti-drug advisory service FRANK, the main risk of magic mushrooms to humans is eating poisonous ones by mistake, which can potentially kill you. More generally, they can cause you to feel dizzy or sick, have diarrhoea or experience stomach pains.

However, magic mushrooms can also exacerbate mental health issues. Ingesting them can cause you to have a 'bad trip' or experience flashbacks, both of which can be frightening and unsettling, or to put yourself at risk by losing control of your actions.

Featured Image Credit: Facebook/Kasey Lee

Topics: Dog, News, Drugs, Animals, Australia

Jess Hardiman
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

News

Money Heist Season 5 Trailer Has Dropped

2 days ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

News

Passenger Gets Duct-Taped To Seat After Punching And Groping Flight Attendants

2 hours ago