To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
Featured Image Credit: RSPCA
The fox had popped his head through the centre of an alloy wheel, but then couldn't get himself back out again.
Fortunately for the little cutie, he was spotted by a member of the public who called the RSPCA to come and rescue him.
According to the RSPCA, the homeowners saw the animal struggling as he tried to free himself and had initially tried to help by putting some grease on his neck and trying to ease him out but that didn't work and they were left with a greasy, distressed fox.
Thankfully, firefighters and RSPCA staff were able to cut the fox out using specialist equipment.
RSPCA officer Kirstie Gillard who attended the incident told My London: "This poor fox was really struggling to free himself and was terrified, so I knew we had to act quickly.
"His neck had swollen from where he'd been desperately tugging his head, so there was no way he was going to pull himself free.
"Thankfully the London Fire Brigade were able to spare a bit of time to come out to the home, and while we waited, I offered him some water which he was grateful for!
"The fire officers used special equipment to cut through the metal and free the fox. I checked the fox over and as he wasn't injured I was able to release him.
"I'm so grateful to the London Fire Brigade for sparing some of their time to help this fox - he really wouldn't have been able to free himself without help from us all."
You might be surprised to learn this isn't even the first fox-trapped-in-a-tyre incident the RSPCA has attended in London this month.
On 11 May, RSPCA inspector Mitchell Smith was called out by a member of public in Isle of Dogs to a similar incident.
In this case, the person had used sunflower oil to try and help the little guy get free but his ears had swollen up meaning his head was completely stuck.
The fox had been taken to Harmsworth Animal Hospital where he was given a sedative and was very carefully freed from the tyre. He was then taken to a local wildlife centre to be monitored.