Advert

Latest

16 minutes ago
Advert
34 minutes ago
Advert

Most Popular

3 days ago
Advert

Woman Warns Others About Dangers Of Fireworks After Six-Month-Old Puppy Dies

Woman Warns Others About Dangers Of Fireworks After Six-Month-Old Puppy Dies

A heartbroken dog owner is urging people to think twice before setting off fireworks after her six month old puppy died of a heart attack.

Kylie Harrison shared an emotional post warning people that the sudden, loud bangs caused by fireworks can trigger heart attacks in pets.

Advert
Kylie with her beloved dog Jake before he passed away. Credit: LADbible
Kylie with her beloved dog Jake before he passed away. Credit: LADbible

Speaking to LADbible, Kylie said: "This was Jake's first time with fireworks. He was hit and miss with them while the quiet ones was going off.

"Suddenly our neighbours on our street also starting setting their fireworks off and they were much louder. Jake became very frightened and was hiding behind us.

"He started to not appear himself. He took himself off to sleep, while shaking and having a bad dream practically screaming in his sleep. He sadly then didn't wake up."

Twenty-year-old Kylie's post has since gone viral, racking up tens of thousands of retweets, and she's been flooded with messages of support.

Advert

Others have commented to describe similar stories, with one man claiming an eight-week old puppy had died near to where he lives.

Kylie hopes that others will be more 'mindful' of animals when they're thinking of buying fireworks.

She added: "I think that fireworks aren't a huge problem in the world, it's when they cause upset for animals. I have seen so many different cases like this over the past few days something needs to be done.

Credit: LADbible
Credit: LADbible

"I understand fireworks can be lovely to watch for children and other people. But animals have much more sensitive hearing, especially when they can't understand it.

"There are plenty of displays all over the world, organised away from residential areas that people can enjoy them from. I think that people should have a license to purchase fireworks."

Kylie has also shared a petition calling for the Government to ban the sale of fireworks to the general public.

Kylie's puppy died aged just six-months. Credit: LADbible
Kylie's puppy died aged just six-months. Credit: LADbible

The petition states: "Every year more and more people, animals and wildlife get hurt by fireworks. It's time something was fine to stop this. There are enough organised firework groups around for us to still enjoy fireworks safely so please help me stop the needless sale of them to the public."

It has gained more than 280,000 signatures and will now be considered for debate by parliament.

Featured Image Credit: LADbible

Topics: uk news, Animals

Claire Reid

Claire is a journalist at LADbible who, after dossing around for a few years, went to Liverpool John Moores University. She graduated with a degree in Journalism and a whole load of debt. When not writing words in exchange for money she is usually at home watching serial killer documentaries surrounded by cats. You can contact Claire at [email protected]

 

Next Up

Woman Tells How Fireworks Made Her Dog Go Blind From Fright

Woman Tells How Fireworks Made Her Dog Go Blind From Fright

17 days ago