To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
A judge has ordered a US medical centre to release Cardi B's STD results amid her defamation lawsuit against vlogger Latasha Kebe.
Judge William M. Ray II told the Center for Women's Pelvic Health at UCLA to produce 'any and all medical records within your possession related solely to the testing for Herpes and HPV for Belcalis Marlenis Almanzar [the rapper's real name]', Billboard reports.
The order was made after Cardi B launched a lawsuit against Kebe, also known as Tasha K, accusing her of taking part in a 'vicious campaign' to damage the rapper's reputation.
Cardi's lawyers claimed Kebe released a number of videos that contained false allegations about the star, including claims that she was a prostitute and had sexually transmitted diseases.
The medical records are important to the suit, as a negative result would show the claims made by Kebe were false.
The order, which was made on Monday, was put forward by lawyers working on behalf of Kebe, but an attorney working for Cardi B told Billboard the test results had already been voluntarily disclosed.
Lisa F. Moore of Moore Pequignot LLC told the publication: "The medical records concerning the HPV and herpes tests were previously produced subject to a protective order and in support of my client's claims."
The legal battle has rumbled on for two years, with Kebe previously attempting to counter-sue Cardi claiming her fans had threatened her on social media.
However, Judge Ray found that the YouTuber had 'failed to demonstrate that the threats she alleges occurred were directed by the plaintiff or committed by an agent acting on plaintiff's behalf".
He went on: "The court acknowledges that Kebe may have been in a particularly precarious situation because of her high-risk pregnancy that plaintiff and others knew about.
"Yet, without proof that these alleged threats and comments were attributable to plaintiff, Kebe has failed to establish causation".
The case was set to go ahead this month, but Cardi asked the judge to have it pushed back until next year due to a 'family emergency'.
Kebe then claimed Cardi had invented the 'emergency' so she could host the American Music Awards.
But the judge rejected the claims and the case is set to go before a jury on 5 January.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read