Advert

Latest

19 minutes ago
Advert
33 minutes ago
Advert

Most Popular

3 days ago
Advert

'Hollyoaks' Actor Gives Her Boyfriend Food Poisoning With Raw Chicken

'Hollyoaks' Actor Gives Her Boyfriend Food Poisoning With Raw Chicken

There are some surefire ways to give someone food poisoning, and serving them what is effectively raw chicken is really high up there on the list.

Advert

This is exactly what happened when Hollyoaks actress Stephanie Davis attempted to make a romantic meal for her boyfriend.

The 25-year-old posted a series of videos and pictures to her Instagram Story documenting the steps she'd taken to create what she'd hoped would be a dining experience to remember, but it all appeared to have gone south very swiftly - one post explained the star had just thrown up.

In a video, she can be seen stabbing into the chicken along with the comment: "I cannot believe it... I cannot actually believe it! I cooked it for ages!!! I've Threw up. I tried."

Credit: Stephanie Davis/Instagram
Credit: Stephanie Davis/Instagram

In the next video, Stephanie is sat looking exhausted, saying: "I called my mum... It's because I had the oven on too low. I've been sick. It took me absolutely ages to cook that. Owen's been sick now. I told him to. I tried though."

Advert

Her boyfriend - fellow Hollyoaks actor Owen Warner - also took to social media to document the fateful events of the evening.

He said: "So, Steph cooked us a lovely meal. That looks very nice. I'm halfway through mine, then I peel back this and see that the chicken is raw."

The 19-year-old was pictured leaning over the toilet in one of Stephanie's posts along with the comment: "Oh no. Sorry Babe. Love you #Stephsnotcookingagain."

Credit: Stephanie Davis/Instagram
Credit: Stephanie Davis/Instagram

In Stephanie's messages with her mum, her mum points out that the chicken looked 'raw as hell' and asked if Owen had eaten the whole fillet.

Looking at the finished version of the chicken dish prior to the couple eating it the chicken does look fairly undercooked - you'd certainly be asking a few questions if this plate was put in front of you.

Credit: Stephanie Davis/Instagram
Credit: Stephanie Davis/Instagram

She also posted the caption: "Currently googling side effects of raw chicken. What a fail."

Food poisoning can be pretty serious - only earlier this year a seven-year-old boy was left fighting for his life after contracting an infection while on holiday.

Weeks prior to this, a British couple died after getting ill at the same Egyptian hotel.

Well, looks like Stephanie and Owen won't be tucking raw chicken again any time soon. They could possibly consider this ill-advised error to be a lucky escape.

Featured Image Credit: Stephanie Davis/Instagram

Topics: Food, uk news, Celebrity

Rachael Grealish

Rachael is a NCTJ qualified journalist from West Cumbria, with a passion for news, features and journalism. Outside of work Rachael loves plenty of coffee, running and reading.

 

Next Up

Drone Sightings Cause London Gatwick Airport Travel Disruption

Drone Sightings Cause London Gatwick Airport Travel Disruption

a year ago