| Last updated
Josh Peck has spoken out about his former co-star Drake Bell's child endangerment sentence.
Bell was sentenced to two years' probation on Monday (12 July) after pleading guilty to felony attempted child endangerment and a misdemeanour charge of disseminating matter harmful to juveniles.
Now, Peck - who starred alongside him Drake & Josh, which ran for four seasons between 2004 and 2007 - has commented on the case.
Speaking at the premiere of his new series Turner & Hooch, peck told Variety: "It's upsetting, and it's an unfortunate situation. It's disappointing."
The charges, which 35-year-old Bell admitted to last month, are in relation to a girl who attended his concerts and he met online, while she was aged 15.
Bell said at the Zoom hearing: "I accept this plea because my conduct was wrong."
Bell was ordered to carry out 200 hours of community service. He was also told he can have no contact with the victim, who is now 19.
In a statement read out to the court, the victim said: "My life hasn't been the same since I was 15. I think about these crimes every single day. I feel like I'm in a constant dark place. Sometimes I wish I could disappear so I can forget about what happened."
She went on to call Bell a 'monster'.
Bell, whose real first name is Jared, said in a statement: "Today I accept this plea because my conduct was wrong. I'm sorry that the victim was harmed in any way - that was obviously not my intention.
"I have taken this matter very, very seriously, and again I just want to apologise to her and anyone else who may have been affected by my actions."
Bell was arrested in June and appeared at the Cuyahoga County Court where he initially entered a not guilty plea and was released on a $2,500 bond.
However, at his pre-trial hearing on 23 June he changed his plea to guilty.
Judge Timothy McCormick said in court: "There were serious and disturbing allegations made here today but we can't lose focus on what he pled to. He did not plead to sexual misconduct.
"However, a grown man does not engage in inappropriate text messages to a teenager."
Speaking to NBC News today Bell's lawyer Ian Friedman, said his client's guilty plea and sentence 'reflect conduct for which Mr Bell did accept responsibility'.
Friedman went on: "The victim's allegations that went beyond that which all parties agreed, not only lack supporting evidence but are contradicted by the facts learned through extensive investigation.
"As the court made clear, this plea was never about sexual misconduct or sexual relations with any person, let alone a minor."
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read